Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

DR / Fusion workflow + Fusion Clip Naming

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

joshmannis

DR / Fusion workflow + Fusion Clip Naming

PostWed May 06, 2020 2:25 am

Hi everyone -
Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but I'm having fusion clip headaches and thought this might be the spot.

My problems seem to be related to organization of the fusion clips, and their display.

At this point, I have a couple thousand individual Fusion Clips. Fusion seems to name them sort of in order at times, but sort of randomly at others, so I've got multiples with the same name. Also, Fusion puts them in the Clips window out of order, and often does not open to the right one so I waste a ton of time searching. I feel like there must be some hidden organizational logic here - am I missing something??

At the same time, I've been having issues with the display of these clips. One problem that comes up all the time within fusion, is that the viewer (mostly the left, sometimes both) displays black (as opposed to blank with the checkerboard). Sometimes I can fix it by hitting 1, or re-importing assets, or by restarting. Most recently a fusion clip I had just worked on could not be turned off once viewed in the edit tab.

Our project is sort of in the "fine art / experimental" category, so there's a lot of counter intuitive stuff happening here. However, I've also signed an NDA, so I can't share examples.
It's also huge - Four three hour channels of 3200 x 1800, with multiple layers, keying, FX, color, etc. We suspect that the enormity of the project is a factor. Any tips for handling a big project like this??
Thanks so much in advance!
-Josh

iMac Pro (2017)
Mac OS 10.13.6
Processor: 3.2 GHz Intel Xeon W
Memory: 32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Theodor Groeneboom

Re: DR / Fusion workflow + Fusion Clip Naming

PostWed May 06, 2020 12:27 pm

This is why the Fusion Standalone exists. It handles Fusion comps much better by using the filesystem and a shot based context instead of the Resolves's do-it-all mentality.

Return to Fusion