Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

[Bug] Dual Screen Launch

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Regi Ellis

[Bug] Dual Screen Launch

PostSat May 09, 2020 4:39 pm

Hey All,

Been having a recent issue when launching Fusion Standalone (Build: Apr 9 2020) on a dual monitor
setup. Besides the launching issues I have had issues not being able to open the (3rd) viewer on the second screen in some instances. Searched the forum but found no mention of it in this build. (Possible I could have missed it). I have seen similar behavior in Resolve after I using it in dual screen mode and having it crash in a session on me. After both programs seem to no longer function properly without turning one monitor off. I was able to force Resolve back into single monitor mode but have not been able to get Fusion Standalone to play along. The current work around is to turn off the second monitor before launching Fusion.

Looking to see if this is a known bug and if there is another work around to get this fixed

- Thanks

Steps to Reproduce:
- Launch Fusion Standalone on any dual screen setup;
Fusion will launch on non primary monitor; splash screen appears on primary screen, application window opens on secondary display and then freezes.

Windows Event Viewer list the application error as a simple timeout and nothing is noted in the maintenance or security logs.

System/Monitor Specs:
Dual LG 32UD99-W 32-Inch 4K UHD IPS Monitors
Dual EVGA 2080TIs FTW via Display Port to KVM switch

AMD Threadripper 2970wx
Installed Ram: 128GB
Window 10. 1909
System OS, Fusion Application, Cache/Project Drive all on NVMe Storage(Separate Drives)
"A bad filmmaker blames his camera"

Return to Fusion