Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

[SOLVED] Fusion Comp Black in Timeline/Delivery

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

CuriousCapybara

[SOLVED] Fusion Comp Black in Timeline/Delivery

PostFri Jun 12, 2020 5:30 pm

Hello there,

This is my first post on these forums...and I hate that it is a confusing issue I have to ask about. However, I will try to provide as much detail as possible as to what is happening. Maybe somebody else has run into a similar issue or knows what is going on.

I am running on DaVinci Resolve 16.2.2.012.

The following are my computer specs:
    CPU: Intel i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz
    GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 SUPER
    RAM: 16GB DDR3 RAM 1600
    SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB
I am trying to render out a fusion composition with the following node structure:

Within the fusion tab the composition seems to render just fine, I am able to modify various properties and see their influence in the viewer without issues. When I enter another tab such as edit or delivery however the image becomes black. When I re-enter the fusion tab the image remains black until I double click the composition to re-open it within the fusion tab, then it displays just fine.

In addition, when I attempt to render out this black frame it gives me the 'Render job failed as the current clip could not be processed' error. I have tried to copy my nodes to a separate fusion composition and reconnecting to the new MediaOut. I have tried copying the entire composition to an entirely new project. I have tried unchecking 'Stop renders when a frame or clip cannot be processed' in the User preferences. All of my attempted workarounds have resulted in the same black image.

If anyone has experienced a similar issue or knows what could possibly be going on I would really appreciate the help. I am relatively new to Fusion coming from an After Effects background so I would love to know if I've made some sort of beginners' mistake with my composition. Attached is a .zip with the project file.

Thank you in advance!
Attachments
3DFX.zip
Project file
(50.45 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Last edited by CuriousCapybara on Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dion Scoppettuolo

Re: Fusion Comp Black in Timeline/Delivery, Cannot Render

PostSat Jun 13, 2020 2:47 am

I disconnected your Replace material and it all seems to work for me.

CuriousCapybara

Re: Fusion Comp Black in Timeline/Delivery, Cannot Render

PostSun Jun 14, 2020 5:59 am

So the replace material node was unnecessary. Thanks for your help.

Return to Fusion