Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion is glitching / unusable

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

ibilan

Fusion is glitching / unusable

PostThu Jun 18, 2020 10:38 am

Hi there!

First post on the forums and I'm sorry it's related to an issue I'm having with Resolve.

In brief, whenever I work with fusion, I immediately get artifacting and glitching which becomes worse and worse every time the video repeats.

Even fusion-texts that are built into Davinci Resolve itself do this. An illustration of the problem can be see here:

Fusion has never worked for me so I've used the color tab instead, but I kind of do need Fusion now. I'm trying to make an animated icon/logo with a few effects.

Nothing changes if I enable (or disable) caching or prerendering. Exporting/rendering retains these glitches. It becomes worse the more times it is played in the fusion tab.

I've done a bit of research and it seems to be related to the GPU, although there's no way to disable GPU utilisation in fusion (except a few nodes -- which helps, but the problem persists)

System has an i7-6700k (no oc), 16gb RAM, and an RX570. RAM seems to spike while using Fusion (but not near using the entire thing).

I've tried this with many different videos too, mostly 60fps, with invariable results. A small handful of YouTube video rips don't show this behavior though.

Any ideas? GPU drivers are up to date.

Return to Fusion