Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Shared attributes / global edits

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Sadiquecat

Shared attributes / global edits

PostFri Jun 19, 2020 8:16 am

Hello,
I can't find anyway to have a common / "master" node effecting either "slave" nodes, or one big node with multiple inputs / outputs.

Here's what I'm trying to do: I have a few blocks of text with images at the start of each block serving as a bullet point, I would like to edit one node that would change the color of all text/elemets, and another single node for the size of all text relative to themselves including the bullet point with them, before editing individual position and merge.

So it would be cool if stuff like "background" or "transform nodes" could have multiple in /out, like "In/out A" "In/out B" OR a "attribute in/out (With a toggle for what attribute of the node we want to send)" to parallel nodes side by side and have them behave in the same way, so stuff would apply by the same process, without it being merged.

In a nutshell, I want one color node to change the color of 30 objects or so, before they go though other nodes. Instead of having to change them one by one, and making sure they have the same automation.

Is there a workaround or similar feature to do this ?

Thanks a lot!

Sander de Regt

Re: Shared attributes / global edits

PostFri Jun 19, 2020 6:20 pm

Is this in Fusion or in the Fusion page of Resolve? If it's the former, then it's possible. If it's the latter and you're referring to multiple Fusion clips, then it's not.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Sadiquecat

PostFri Jun 19, 2020 8:21 pm

I'm using Fusion page of Resolve.

It's one clip but the modification I want is between nodes within the same project. Not a in between multiple fusion clips project.

birdseye

PostSat Jun 20, 2020 12:44 am

Like a similar thread next to this one, it sounds like you should be searching the manual for 'Instancing Nodes'.

Sadiquecat

PostSun Jun 21, 2020 3:34 am

Sander.
I'm using the Fusion page of Davinci Resolve. However I'm referring to a single clip. I'm not looking to edit multiple VFX sequences at once but only one clip which uses multiple nodes.

Iain,
thank you ! I will have a look into that :)

I thank you both for your time and I'l let you know if I figure it out :)

Return to Fusion