Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Seeing clip transforms in Fusion viewer

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

jdsglobal

Seeing clip transforms in Fusion viewer

PostWed Feb 10, 2021 8:22 pm

So, I'm trying to do a simple overlay composite in Fusion; however, the view of the clip that I have to work with doesn't show the transforms that I have applied to that clip (i.e., zoom and translate). As you can imagine, that makes doing an overlay pretty damn hard since things don't end up in the right place on the clip. That tells me that no one in their right mind would design compositing software that way intentionally. Therefore, this HAS to be user error and I'm missing a setting that I need to make this work.

Can anyone assist me in ensuring that the media in view that I'm working with reflects the actual view of the media on the timeline?

Thanks!
2020 Custom-build PC, Intel i9-10900X CPU, 10 Core(s) @ 3.70 GHz, 4.30 GHz OC, 128GB RAM, 2-2TB NVMe SSDs, 20TB Internal HDD Raid, Dual Nvidia RTX 2080 Super 8GB
Two BMPCC4K
Resolve Speed Editor, BM ATEM Mini Pro
Current Resolve Studio Ver. 17.2

Sander de Regt

Re: Seeing clip transforms in Fusion viewer

PostWed Feb 10, 2021 9:35 pm

If I remember correctly, if you want to see what the timeline does before feeding it into Fusion, you have to create a compound clip first and then use that in the Fusion page.

Otherwise the flow is footage--> Fusion page-->timeline transforms

If you use compound clips it becomes footage-->timeline transforms-->compound clip-->Fusion page
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

jdsglobal

Re: Seeing clip transforms in Fusion viewer

PostWed Feb 10, 2021 11:52 pm

Well, that seemed to work! I'm sure there's a reason for this hierarchy that relates to more complex compositing than I trying to do...

I had gone down a rabbit hole with BCC Title Studio...which is pretty much unusable in DR.

Thanks so much for the response, Sander.
2020 Custom-build PC, Intel i9-10900X CPU, 10 Core(s) @ 3.70 GHz, 4.30 GHz OC, 128GB RAM, 2-2TB NVMe SSDs, 20TB Internal HDD Raid, Dual Nvidia RTX 2080 Super 8GB
Two BMPCC4K
Resolve Speed Editor, BM ATEM Mini Pro
Current Resolve Studio Ver. 17.2

Return to Fusion