Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion Render Node Licensing question

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

danielpanev

Fusion Render Node Licensing question

PostFri Feb 12, 2021 4:13 pm

BMPCC4K DaVinci Resolve Studio Activation Key user here :D
When I've purchased my BMPCC4K I've received an Activation Key for DaVinci Resolve Studio and it works like a charm...
BlackMagic were kind enough to let us use the Fusion Studio 17 with the same activation key at no additional cost (which is GREAT, of course) but I have a simple question:
When I run the Fusion Render Node on a machine that is already activated with the activation key (meaning it can run DaVinci Resolve Studio and Fusion Studio) I see the following:
Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 17.52.24.png
Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 17.52.24.png (31.68 KiB) Viewed 827 times

What bothers me is the "No License" status... Do I have to purchase a separate licence for the Fusion Render Node and if yes - how can I do this?
I've tried to search the forum but to no avail :?

UserNoah

Re: Fusion Render Node Licensing question

PostSat Feb 13, 2021 7:15 am

For some time there was a limitation where only the Fusion Dongle would work for the network rendering licenses. That's the reason why I have a Fusion license, but I believe that they changed that to every license can do everything with the 17 Beta. Either you need to update to that (which should be fine if you're Fusion 16 as 17 doesn't feel less stable) or if you already are you might need to contact Blackmagic, maybe there is something wrong.
So first make sure you're using the Fusion 17 Render node but if not I would contact the support.

Return to Fusion