Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

How do you use expressions on Fusion Text+ Character Styling

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

joemart

How do you use expressions on Fusion Text+ Character Styling

PostFri Nov 12, 2021 6:18 pm

I've been trying to use Character Level Styling animations in individual letters and I've also tried using expressions with these. Whenever I try to open an expression under where it says "Right-click Here to Animate Character Level Styling", nothing comes up.

My main purpose is for me to have 3 separate characters rotate their shading effects at the same time. I was thinking of linking their rotation values together through expressions, but I'm not sure how to do it.

Another way that I thought around this problem was publishing the values. So, enable Shading Element 1,2 and 3 and have the rotation of the 1st Shading Element published and have Shading Element 2 and 3 to connect to this publish. I don't get the option to publish the value though.

I'm sure I can do this with 3 separate Text+ nodes, but I was wondering if I could do this with Character Level Styling.

Thank you!

UserNoah

Re: How do you use expressions on Fusion Text+ Character Sty

PostSat Nov 13, 2021 9:21 am

I don’t believe you can do this with character level styling. You apply the modifier to the whole text and can’t layer them.
I would do that with several Text+ nodes.

joemart

Re: How do you use expressions on Fusion Text+ Character Sty

PostTue Nov 16, 2021 3:21 pm

UserNoah wrote:I don’t believe you can do this with character level styling. You apply the modifier to the whole text and can’t layer them.
I would do that with several Text+ nodes.

Thank you for the response. Yeah, it didn't seem like I could do it with just one node. Oh well, thank you!

Return to Fusion