Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

DVR Fusion Clip vs. Comp

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Timber

DVR Fusion Clip vs. Comp

PostThu Dec 07, 2023 8:28 pm

I'm getting really tired of the Fusion Clip versus Comp duality within DVR (irrelevant to Fusion Studio).

If one makes a Fusion Composition in DVR, then adds it to a Timeline, DVR copies the contents of the Comp to a Fusion "Clip", and unless one specifically re-opens the Comp from the Media browser, one is thereafter working on the CLIP, not the Comp. This can of course lead to serious confusion and data loss, if one is assuming that one's working on the Comp, but in reality is working on a different entity, the Timeline Fusion Clip, instead. One proof of this is that the Comp can no longer update the clip in the Timeline.

My suggestion, stated in a previous DVR FR (I'm posted here, too, because posting about embedded Fusion in the DVR forum is like shouting into the wind), is for DVR to always create a separate Comp whenever Fusion is opened from a Timeline, unless one exists already, in which case open that.

Timber

Re: DVR Fusion Clip vs. Comp

PostFri Dec 08, 2023 12:49 am

Be less confusing if the name of the Comp was shown in the viewport header.

And BTW would be nice if it were possible to change the length of a Fusion Comp (DVR) after making it, too.

Return to Fusion