Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion / Edit Relationship Help

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

mattcasa

Fusion / Edit Relationship Help

PostWed Feb 07, 2024 9:35 pm

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has been covered 100 times. I looked but couldn't find this exact issue in other topics on the forum.

FCP user who recently switched Resolve and loving it so far. I'm coming to grips with the basics of nodes but one thing I'm struggling with is how the Fusion and Edit panels work together. Here's a scenario I keep struggling with:

- Working on a timeline in edit
- Try to select / double-click / highlight a snippet of video to be worked on in Fusion, but when I switch over, it's not shown in Fusion
- The only workaround for this is to take the snippet and put it on its own video track, then disable all other tracks, at which point it will actually show up and let me work with it in Fusion
- I keep having to do this, which is a pain because I'm working on some masking / alphas too and so I'm constantly disabling / reenabling tracks so that the ones I want show up in Fusion

I know I'm missing something. Can someone help me understand what that is?

(Mods: I originally posted this--accidentally--in the wrong forum. Apologies for that.)

Thanks all.

Matt

Sander de Regt

Re: Fusion / Edit Relationship Help

PostThu Feb 08, 2024 8:13 am

What you're describing is definitely not how you should work to get this kind of work done.
Without seeing screenshots or screencasts of what you're doing it is hard to tell what's causing this.
The most likely cause in this case is user error caused by lack of experience. I do this so often, it's hard to imagine ways for it to go wrong. But double-clicking a clip will load it in the source viewer. It will not send it to the Fusion page.

So let's start at the beginning:

If you right-click a clip and select 'open in Fusion page' doesn't it do that on your system?
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

CodySolo

Re: Fusion / Edit Relationship Help

PostSat Feb 10, 2024 3:12 am

Is the playhead overtop of the clip in the Edit page before you click over to Fusion?

Return to Fusion