Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Automatic inpainting in Fusion possible?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

eyeEmotion

Automatic inpainting in Fusion possible?

PostSat Feb 10, 2024 7:18 pm

Hi,

with my conversion from 2D to stereoscopic 3D, with the help of the DepthMap, I'm able to break apart the video into several layers (ImagePlane3D), for the purpose of trying to prevent too much warping around sections that are being 'extruded'.
Each 'layer' also has a Bitmap mask applied to remove the parts that are on the other 'layers'.

Problem I have now, is because of the stereoscopic camera's, one of the camera's always sees a bit of the removed stuff. So I need to find a way to fill the parts that are removed, with the surrounding pixels.
Basically need something like you have in Photoshop and such, called 'inpainting'. And not something you have to do by hand each time, like with the object removal.
I want to use the masks I already have, to have it determine where it needs to fill in the blanks.

Does this exist in Davinci Resolve/Fusion?

Sam Steti

Re: Automatic inpainting in Fusion possible?

PostMon Feb 19, 2024 2:53 pm

Hey

It looks like something I had to deal with but I'm not sure I fully understood the goal actually... If you're still looking for a fix for that, try to put a screenshot here around, for me to understand the "surrounding pixels" you must use (those from the plane which is now before or after the one it was cut out from ?)
*MacMini M1 16 Go - Ext nvme SSDs on TB3 - 14 To HD in 2 x 4 disks USB3 towers
*Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 3SSDs including RAID
*Resolve Studio everywhere, Fusion Studio too
*https://www.buymeacoffee.com/videorhin

Sander de Regt

PostMon Feb 19, 2024 2:59 pm

The short version is: no this doesn't exist in Fusion in the same way Photoshop does.
You could try extending the cut out parts with pixels, through the cleanplate tool, but this will give you color and not actual images.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

birdseye

PostMon Feb 19, 2024 3:27 pm

Does this exist in Davinci Resolve/Fusion?

There are stereoscopic tools in Fusion and you could could probably use them to your advantage but I guess it's kinda lonely around those nodes, so I wish you good luck.

Return to Fusion