Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Use Multiple Magic Masks in a single Clip?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

bobcvideo

Use Multiple Magic Masks in a single Clip?

PostThu Mar 21, 2024 1:01 am

I am very new to Resolve and to Fusion.

I am trying to track two different people in the background of a shot and darken them to make them less noticeable. Due to the complicated tracking (passing behind other people and objects) for each of the people, I would like to track each person in a separate node of Magic Mask and feed both nodes to MediatOut1. Is this possible? If so, how would I set this up in Fusion? Thanks!

KrunoSmithy

Re: Use Multiple Magic Masks in a single Clip?

PostThu Mar 21, 2024 2:27 pm

Yes. I think this might be what you are looking for...

Bring mask from Fusion into Color in DaVinci Resolve

Basically, any MediaOut1,2,3,4 or how many you want to add will be available as separate inputs in color page as new source.

Sam Steti

PostThu Mar 21, 2024 4:06 pm

Hey

Yes of course it is possible... Providing you're aware of the MM cache issues*, first track the first one in a MM node, then put a 2nd MM node from the clip output (not after the 1st MM node) and do the same.

*From now : don't put any node between the clip and the 2 MM nodes, you'd be forced to re-track
The either pipe both of them in a MatteControl node with operation combine : Combine alpha > pipe the output in a ColorCorrector node and do what you want to...

*Back in the Edit page, if you're ok with what you've done, don't forget to Render in Place, this before you close the project
*MacMini M1 16 Go - Ext nvme SSDs on TB3 - 14 To HD in 2 x 4 disks USB3 towers
*Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 3SSDs including RAID
*Resolve Studio everywhere, Fusion Studio too
*https://www.buymeacoffee.com/videorhin

bobcvideo

PostThu Mar 21, 2024 10:00 pm

Many thanks to both of you!

Kruno, in the video, I could see how it should/would/could work, but there were too many variables for me (e.g. too many opportunities to screw up) and I could not make it work. Still good information and I want to re-look at that video when I have a better understanding.

Sam, knowing it COULD be done in Fusion and knowing which node to use got me started. Then it was a matter of fiddling with which node to connect to which input and what settings to select within the tabs.

A few hours and choice words later and it works! I still have a lot to learn, but now I have a repeatable process.

Thanks again,
Bob

KrunoSmithy

PostFri Mar 22, 2024 2:30 pm

bobcvideo wrote:Many thanks to both of you!

A few hours and choice words later and it works! I still have a lot to learn, but now I have a repeatable process.

Thanks again,
Bob

Glad you made it work. Cheers!

Return to Fusion