Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion Constantly Crashing

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

mongoose666

Fusion Constantly Crashing

PostThu Apr 11, 2024 12:36 am

Hi there,
Whenever I go into Fusion then return to edit, play a timeline, then attempt to return to Fusion it keeps crashing.

As a software engineer with 40+ years experience I do not like the blaming drivers etc there's obviously a core functional design flaw that needs to be addressed rather than band aided and pushing the responsibility on to users to solve the issue. I would look hard at how you are compositing and which HAL calls you are making. You could achieve the same effects using 3D planes an orthographic camera and shaders and not have crashing behaviours like those exhibited by the Fusion engine/core.

I have a system with 13th Gen i9s, nVidia Geforce RTX 4080 (ROG Strix) with 16GB, and 64GB of memory. More than capable of pulling off the compute needed for compositing.

Please may I have a resolution to this problem as I paid for the software and to have it constantly fail is more than disappointing. I basically paid AUD$495 for a brick :evil: :twisted: .

Cheers in advance, Andy

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Fusion Constantly Crashing

PostThu Apr 11, 2024 12:30 pm

Please see the FAQs in the Resolve section for information about using resolve to generate a diagnostic log, put the full log and your system NFO, you can include the Resolve project drp too, on Dropbox or similar and post a link here so someone can review.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

mongoose666

Re: Fusion Constantly Crashing

PostThu Apr 11, 2024 1:02 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Please see the FAQs in the Resolve section for information about using resolve to generate a diagnostic log, put the full log and your system NFO, you can include the Resolve project drp too, on Dropbox or similar and post a link here so someone can review.

Can't post URLs so how am I supposed to "post a link"? Anyways here it is

www dropbox com /scl/fo/xk0yir6vc0qwecnz5sgtw/h?rlkey=rzj3nyhcvgvaxsfrnvc7v7wz4&dl=1

Return to Fusion