Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Text+ Upgrade?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

ThisIsSomeone

Text+ Upgrade?

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 8:05 pm

TLDR, Text+ clips that hold animations inside power bins would be cool.

When I saw the Referenced Fusion Compositions I was thinking I'd be able to use it to quickly drag in custom text+ clips, considering text+ clips have their own Fusion pipeline. I asked around with those how have tried the beta and they said that isn't the case. But I feel that would be a cool addition to it's functionality, or even a similar but more specific function for text+ clips.

It'd be great if I could just set up the default animations I'm gonna be using within the video so I can then personalize them to the people within the video, have a few for each person, each with the different animations I use, and just pull it out of the media pool whenever I need it, so the only work i need to do is adjust the timing of the animations, because the rest of the work of personalization, and the access of the customized clip, has already been done, and is right there, within view at all times. As it sits now I have to copy drag from earlier in the video of the person I'm looking for, find it's spot, trim it up, apply the animation, and then time the animation.

It would also be nice to be able to put them in power bins, so I just need to set up the animations once across every project I make, then personalize each animation for all the people within each project. I'm just gonna have pop in, pop in fade out, and a pop in pop out animations for the text, If I just have to make those the way I like them once, then use them to create a set for each person that will have their own text colors it'd speed up adding text by so much. For now copy dragging, macros, and importing splines is very involved. It seems like Referenced Fusion Compositions is so close to being what I want for Text+ clips but it just doesn't have that functionality.

I probably don't need to add this but I want to make sure it's said, to slightly alter a power bin Text+ clip in this scenario it should be as easy as putting the clip on the timeline, changing it the way you want to change it, then adding it back in the power bin, in whatever method that's done, and then just deleting the old one if you want. That seems like the best method as it allows you to hold onto the state you know you want without ever accidentally altering the source, and you can store them long term and organize them with the bins. Obviously I have no idea how hard that'd be to code, but I think that'd be a great addition and get a lot of use by a lot of people.

Return to Fusion