Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Full Version of Fusion ?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Will Tejeda

Full Version of Fusion ?

PostMon Nov 10, 2014 8:54 am

Just out of curiosity ... would Resolve users also be entitled to the full version of Fusion with their dongles?
Will Tejeda
DP/Cinematographer

adamroberts

Re: Full Version of Fusion ?

PostMon Nov 10, 2014 9:00 am

I doubt it. Different software.

Will Tejeda

PostMon Nov 10, 2014 9:02 am

adamroberts wrote:I doubt it. Different software.

I assume the same, but figure it's worth it to ask.

Seeing as most other companies are joining their software suites, never know if bmd will follow suit.
Will Tejeda
DP/Cinematographer

Lee Gauthier

PostMon Nov 10, 2014 10:48 am

It will probably be a while before Fusion shows up in Resolve. I assume they'd have to migrate to Mac first to be cross-platform. Then the integration is going to take a while to engineer.

Sascha Haber

PostMon Nov 10, 2014 11:04 am

As a veteran Fusion user who just migrated to Smoke on Mac and peeked into Nuke Studio I think there is looaaads to do and think about how to move forward.
Are there concrete plans already what to do ?
The best thing would be a combination of both, but with a much stronger timeline tool that Resolve currently has.
More like Hiero, or Scratch...or Nuke Studio
In my perfect little world , i would go from the Media Pool in Resolve (which is excellent by the way) to the edit page and start building timelines.
On another page, similar to the Color pages stamp view I would either do the color grading as it is or load a Fusion node tree like we do right now with the OFX plugins.
So basically, we do not need Fusions architecture at all.
Just the possibility of combining multiple clips into a single composite and then rendering it back to the timeline.
Smoke does that pretty effectively with the Media Pool being populated in the Connect FX.
Well, let's see what the future brings :)

Will Tejeda

PostTue Nov 11, 2014 12:09 am

Sascha Haber wrote:As a veteran Fusion user who just migrated to Smoke on Mac and peeked into Nuke Studio I think there is looaaads to do and think about how to move forward.
Are there concrete plans already what to do ?
The best thing would be a combination of both, but with a much stronger timeline tool that Resolve currently has.
More like Hiero, or Scratch...or Nuke Studio
In my perfect little world , i would go from the Media Pool in Resolve (which is excellent by the way) to the edit page and start building timelines.
On another page, similar to the Color pages stamp view I would either do the color grading as it is or load a Fusion node tree like we do right now with the OFX plugins.
So basically, we do not need Fusions architecture at all.
Just the possibility of combining multiple clips into a single composite and then rendering it back to the timeline.
Smoke does that pretty effectively with the Media Pool being populated in the Connect FX.
Well, let's see what the future brings :)

This would actually be pretty awesome in converting all current resolve users to compositing
Will Tejeda
DP/Cinematographer

Will Tejeda

PostTue Nov 11, 2014 12:10 am

Sascha Haber wrote:As a veteran Fusion user who just migrated to Smoke on Mac ....

PS: do you have a fb page or website where we could connect? (if you don't mind) I'd like to pick your brain on somethings
Will Tejeda
DP/Cinematographer

Lee Gauthier

PostTue Nov 11, 2014 1:35 am

Will Tejeda wrote:Just out of curiosity ... would Resolve users also be entitled to the full version of Fusion with their dongles?

For $995, sure.

Return to Fusion