Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion Studio for eyeon Fusion users

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Horea Trinca

Fusion Studio for eyeon Fusion users

PostWed Nov 12, 2014 11:46 am

Hello,

I keep trying to find the download link for eyeon Fusion 7 (now Fusion 7 Studio). I'm an eyeon customer, I have bought the subscription too. Can't find it!

Maybe it's just me being thick today :)

Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

Re: Fusion Studio for eyeon Fusion users

PostWed Nov 12, 2014 7:15 pm

Fusion 7.5 is the free version of Fusion and is currently available for download from our website. Fusion Studio should be available quite soon. Existing Fusion 7 customers and customers on a current Fusion support plan can upgrade to Fusion Studio at no additional charge, and more information regarding this upgrade process should be available soon.
Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

Horea Trinca

PostFri Nov 14, 2014 12:24 pm

OK, thanks!

Is there any place where I could download the "old" eyeon Fusion 7? Sadly I deleted my copy and I can't install it on my other computer (I have a dongle-based license).

Or should I just sit patiently and wait for F Studio 7.5 to be available? :)

Satya Sai Prasad

PostFri Nov 14, 2014 12:46 pm

Hi Sarah

any updates on getting the Fusion studio for the current Fusion 7 active subscribers with Floating License's.

on this same topic can we take a few fusion 7.5 Free Versions and have that mingle with the Floating License's?

William Johnson

PostFri Nov 21, 2014 1:02 am

Do you have active list of Fusion subscribers entitled to the Fusion Studio upgrade? The last correspondence that I had received was asking for that information but there has been no feedback.

It is so good to keep that Fusion maintenance subscription up to date!

I have Fusion 7.01 installer to share if that is being permitted

William

Rony Soussan

PostFri Nov 21, 2014 1:14 am

SaiPrasad wrote:Hi Sarah

on this same topic can we take a few fusion 7.5 Free Versions and have that mingle with the Floating License's?

There is no limitation with Fusion 7.5 free edition. You are welcome to use it in production along side your Fusion studio. You can open Fusion comps in Fusion Studio etc..

Enjoy it!

William Johnson

PostFri Nov 21, 2014 5:46 pm

I am eyeon Fusion maintenance subscriber. My subscription expiration is July 10, 2015. I just want and need to know that you guys have my information on your list for receiving the Fusion Studio update bundle.

regards,
William

Rony Soussan

PostFri Nov 21, 2014 7:26 pm

Go to the bottom of this page and email support with your information.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/family/fusion

Michael Wolf

PostWed Nov 26, 2014 10:23 am

Rony Soussan wrote:Go to the bottom of this page and email support with your information.

Hi Rony,

can I suggest a sticky post on the forum regarding progress, as well as a post (or even ETA) when you have processed existing customers?
Otherwise people (like me ;) ) will just spam you via mail until we get a new response. ;)

Cheers,
Mike
Michael Wolf - db&w GbR
http://www.db-w.com

mikeharper

PostSun Nov 30, 2014 6:22 am

Yes please one concern is people with soon expiring licenses! Mines is up for renewal this December.
Cheers
Computer specs are boring!
Mike Harper
Tvnet360 llc

Michael Wolf

PostThu Dec 11, 2014 10:39 am

Bump

Any news on this? I'd rather not bother support - again. ;)

Cheers,
Mike
Michael Wolf - db&w GbR
http://www.db-w.com

Massimo Moneta

PostThu Dec 11, 2014 3:41 pm

Bump.

Please keep us up to date.
Massimo Moneta
VFX supervisor

INSERTCOIN
www.insertcoin.tv

Windows 11 on Lenovo ThinkStation 640
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3975WX 32-Cores 3.50 GHz
128 gb ram
RTX 3080
Fusion user since 1999 (version 2.5)

D.R. Greenlaw

PostSun Dec 14, 2014 6:23 pm

Hi,

I'm a long time user of Fusion (since version 3). We currently use two licenses of 6.4 in our studio but we let our subs lapse over a year ago because at the time, we felt there was little development going on for what we were paying.

After reviewing the comparison list, we feel that maybe the $995 is actually a good value considering what it would have cost to reactivate our status plus pay the subscription. We also have six render nodes, so seeing that Fusion Studio has unlimited render nodes eliminates that additional cost. The optical flow stuff interests us--we currently use third party plugin to do similar tasks and we had been considering getting these upgrades, but with 7.5 Studio, we might not need to. Finally, we use several OFX plugins, so we would have to get 7.5 Studio if want to continue using them.

All that said, there is actually little incentive for us to upgrade immediately since we'd essentially be upgrading to what we already have with version 6.4, our six render nodes (plus two full license render nodes,) and third party plugins.

Now, we love using Fusion (we're big fans of the program,) and we want to continue using it and support the developers, so we will very likely buy into 7.5 Studio...eventually. For now, there just doesn't seem to be any urgency to do so.

However, if Black Magic did offer a discount to long-time but non-subscribing users, even if for just a limited time, I could be persuaded to upgrade out two licenses immediately.

Just my two-cents on the subject.

BTW, I have a question about licensing Studio when it becomes available. Currently, we have three dongles, one for each full 6.4 license and a one for the render farm. Will Studio have a similar system? I'm guessing it will be node-locked but, if so, will it be a single user/two computer system like most node locked programs (i.e., one workstation and one laptop, so long as only one copy is being used at a time.) This is important to me because I'm often away from our studio, running Fusion on a laptop, and the dongle system has been ideal for this. (Single user/dual computer licenses have generally worked well for me too.)

Thanks for listening and also thanks in advance for any helpful answers.

G.
Last edited by D.R. Greenlaw on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Greenlaw
Artist/Partner - Little Green Dog
Website: littlegreendog.com | Demo Reels: vimeo.com/album/4631314
Lead Digital Animator - DreamWorks Animation

Markus Cermak

PostMon Dec 15, 2014 8:36 am

Hm It would be really nice if we could get at least some kind of information.

A super rough time frame.!
Or "It takes that long because we plan a better integration of Fusion generation and Resolve."
whatever.

Or "Sorry guys still busy changing logos. "

pls

Stu Friedberg

PostTue Dec 16, 2014 4:07 am

As someone on Eyeon Fusion maintenance, I've received some email asking for previous license and shipping address details. Apparently, something unspecified is to be mailed out to licensees on maintenance in the reasonably near future. Since I have to guess what that is, I'm going to guess it's either a new dongle or a boxed Fusion 7.5 Studio distribution.

My point is that BMD isn't being very informative, even to those of us they are actively communicating with.

Stu Friedberg

PostSat Dec 20, 2014 6:57 am

Stu Friedberg wrote:something unspecified is to be mailed out to licensees on maintenance in the reasonably near future.
Today I received the mystery package. The box is the size of a DVD case, labeled Fusion 7 Studio. I don't know if 7 versus 7.5 is significant in any way. Inside, there's a plastic tray containing an SD card and a USB dongle. No printed material.

My immediate reaction was bemusement. :?:

First, no one in the office has an SD card reader. Compact Flash cards, dockable SSDs and USB external drives are in our workflow, but not SD cards. So I've been tasked with picking up an SD card reader over the weekend, so we can read the installation instructions.

Second, distributing SW on erasable media seems rather fraught with potential peril for the recipient. Perhaps this is standard practice for BMD full version SW? Perhaps there will later be a download site behind a license "paywall"? (Surely updates will be delivered online?) At any rate, our second action after reviewing the to-be-discovered quick start guide, installation instructions, EULA, etc., etc., will be to BACK UP THE CONTENTS. It would not surprise me to learn that would violate EULA terms...

For anyone who has gotten past the form factor, can you tell me if the new dongle can be used with an existing networked FLEXLM license server, or is the old Eyeon licensing system completely out the window with the new release?

D.R. Greenlaw

PostSat Dec 20, 2014 6:08 pm

Thanks for the info. So, whenever we get around to buying the new license(s), we'll get new dongles?

I'm trying to recall if we have any plug-ins keyed to our current 6.4 dongles, but probably not. I think we're okay there. My other concern was the dongle for our six render nodes but it sound's like render nodes are 'free' and unlimited with the full license now...is that right? If so, I guess we can retire all the old dongles.

Thanks in advance for any additional info.

Re: BMD, yeah, we're not getting any return messages from them regarding our questions about new sales, upgrades, or licensing. Disappointed by this but I'm glad we at least have this forum to ask questions, and helpful users with answers. :)

G.
Greenlaw
Artist/Partner - Little Green Dog
Website: littlegreendog.com | Demo Reels: vimeo.com/album/4631314
Lead Digital Animator - DreamWorks Animation

mikeharper

PostTue Dec 23, 2014 6:15 am

:D just installed my 7.6 studio and tested with Avid.
Thanks!
Cheers
Computer specs are boring!
Mike Harper
Tvnet360 llc

KenOuellette

PostTue Dec 30, 2014 10:36 pm

I received the same Case and new Dongle via FedEx. Thanks but WTF ?
Installed it, it works with the new dongle, only locally.

Serial numbers have changed too.

I was supposed to have a floating license (2) for Fusion but I don't see anything to allow me to get the floating to work.

So I am correct in the sense that the Studio version only allows you to render on a network thru its slave/render node system.

There is no other difference?
So I should just get people to install the Free version and go with that?

-k

Marek Subocz

PostTue Dec 30, 2014 10:55 pm

F-studio does have a Dimension (stereo tools + optical flow tools / retimers), F-Studio does support plugins and i guess has a better support for OpenCL (being able to select dedicated GPU).
F-Studio support network rendering (free version does not allow it) and according to BMD's Mr Rony, render node will be available soon.
F-studio comes with enhanced scripting and Generation AM..
Oh, and BIN is in the network.

so there are a few differences...

Brad Thompson

PostMon Jan 05, 2015 5:34 pm

I received the boxed copy also. Unfortunately, I've no way to read an SD card. Can anyone confirm whether these are floating or node-locked versions? I'd like to install it, but a single node-locked copy is mostly useless for our small studio.

If I need to budget for multiple licenses, that's unfortunate, but so be it. It's still cheaper than Fusion used to be. I just need to know how to proceed.

Thanks.

Rony Soussan

PostMon Jan 05, 2015 6:09 pm

Hi Brad ,

They are dongle locked. You should of received a dongle included in the package.
You can install fusion on all machines, move dongle around as it's not tied to any particular machine or install(Not ideal.. I know)
And you can also use free fusion to do all your roto, paint, or general comp work
that doesn't need 3rd party tool.
This way, you don't have to waste licenses for users when they don't need specific tools. Comps can be saved from free and opened in studio, or rendered in free.
This is a way to also leverage your investment in Fusion.

Can you confirm you received the dongle? if not, we can resolve that asap

Brad Thompson

PostMon Jan 05, 2015 9:44 pm

Thanks for letting me know how it works. I did receive the dongle. Hopefully a true floating version will be forthcoming.

Stu Friedberg

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 12:54 am

Rony,

Echoing Brad's comment here...

We got a tremendous benefit in flexibility from Eyeon's FlexLM license server setup with a dongle key. The license server itself required the physical dongle, but any (single) workstation on the LAN could use the license at any given time. In fact, we strongly preferred this to passing the dongle around from workstation to workstation, because we keep the license server (and therefore the dongle) in a locked machine closet!

Is this possible with BMD's 7.5/7.6 Studio setup? I've not (yet) seen anything that explains how I can reproduce our previous installation. Inadvertent omission, like the render slaves? Deliberate change in technologies? Deferred BMD decision on what tech to use? Something I've overlooked when reading through the install materials?

It's great that we can use Fusion Lite without a license except that practically everything we do requires plugins (Krokodove is just simply mandatory, for starters), and our workflow definitely uses bins. Since Fusion Lite supports neither plugins nor bins, it is regrettably sort of irrelevant for us for day-to-day purposes.

Rony Soussan

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 6:27 pm

I'm not a hardware guy, but perhaps there is a IP USB solution out there? Would be a nice solution if you can have 20 dongles on one USB server. Worth investigating I suppose.

Ragnar Egeland

PostWed Jan 07, 2015 12:18 am

mikeharper wrote::D just installed my 7.6 studio and tested with Avid.
Thanks!

Hi mikeharper
Did you test it with MC 8.3? In case of yes, how did it work?

Ragnar

Stu Friedberg

PostWed Jan 07, 2015 2:41 am

Rony Soussan wrote:I'm not a hardware guy, but perhaps there is a IP USB solution out there? Would be a nice solution if you can have 20 dongles on one USB server. Worth investigating I suppose.
Well, the whole point of the FlexLM license server is to ensure that the dongle-authorized license is only accessed by one client workstation at a time. If you could access a USB security dongle across the LAN without that gatekeeping, it would (best case) allow flagrant violation of license restrictions or (worst case) cause application crashes or security halts when some other workstation interferes with your access to the dongle.

Should I send this inquiry directly to Support, or continue the discussion here?

Massimo Moneta

PostWed Jan 07, 2015 4:22 pm

We received Today our new fresh copy of Fusion Studio 7.6 !!
And all works fine.

Our subscription was ended 17/12 but they send us FusionStudio anyway.
Thanks!!
Massimo Moneta
VFX supervisor

INSERTCOIN
www.insertcoin.tv

Windows 11 on Lenovo ThinkStation 640
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3975WX 32-Cores 3.50 GHz
128 gb ram
RTX 3080
Fusion user since 1999 (version 2.5)

Rony Soussan

PostWed Jan 07, 2015 6:01 pm

Stu Friedberg wrote:
Rony Soussan wrote:I'm not a hardware guy, but perhaps there is a IP USB solution out there? Would be a nice solution if you can have 20 dongles on one USB server. Worth investigating I suppose.
Well, the whole point of the FlexLM license server is to ensure that the dongle-authorized license is only accessed by one client workstation at a time. If you could access a USB security dongle across the LAN without that gatekeeping, it would (best case) allow flagrant violation of license restrictions or (worst case) cause application crashes or security halts when some other workstation interferes with your access to the dongle.

Should I send this inquiry directly to Support, or continue the discussion here?

It's not a support issue in the sense of things not working, but at the moment that would be a good place to voice your concerns. That being said, we are aware and it's been discussed internally. What will come of it is unknown to me at this time, but just know that we have heard you and others

I'n not saying forget about it, just know we get it.

David Fix

PostFri Jan 09, 2015 8:46 pm

Hey guys,

Just chiming in here... We have 30 licenses of Fusion 7, and I haven't seen hide nor hair of any Fusion Studio licenses or dongles... I'm with Intelligent Creatures. Can you look into this?

Yoni.Cohen

PostSun Jan 11, 2015 11:01 pm

Same here, no sign for our licenses at snowball...

Stefan Kirste

PostMon Jan 12, 2015 1:10 pm

We got a tremendous benefit in flexibility from Eyeon's FlexLM license server setup with a dongle key. The license server itself required the physical dongle, but any (single) workstation on the LAN could use the license at any given time. In fact, we strongly preferred this...

We also cant work without a floating license! Moving around with one dongle, isnt an option.

Stefan Kirste

PostTue Jan 13, 2015 3:03 pm

@ Rony Soussan:

your email, which u send me via pm, didnt work!?

phantom-studio

PostSat Sep 26, 2015 7:09 am

Hi all,

Any news about floating license for Fusion Studio?
I doubt that it will be available with the release of Fusion Studio 8...

Too bad a software like Fusion don't have it!

Regards.

Return to Fusion