Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Wacom Tablet Configuration Tips

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Dennis Beswick

Wacom Tablet Configuration Tips

PostSat Nov 15, 2014 3:20 am

I finally bought an Intuos Pro medium this past summer and I'm slowly getting used to it in various programs. Some programs require some consideration when customizing the tablet for use. One example, panning and rotating is very important when I work in my 3D applications so I assigned the keys that must be pressed along with the middle mouse button in a convenient place on the tablet. Since I'm new to Fusion (and composite software in general) I would like to know some of the most important functions to consider for working in Fusion. So far I turned the double-click into middle click so I can navigate the 3D space easier and made an "undo" button :mrgreen:

I would love for some of you to share some tips on setting up a tablet for Fusion that you think makes your experience easier. I learned a lot from reading other users posts in other software forums that I would not of thought of.

Marek Subocz

Re: Wacom Tablet Configuration Tips

PostSat Nov 15, 2014 8:22 pm

hi,
i've been using the intuos3 for a while ;)

the First-Of-All-Tip! - PEN-> middle mouse - instead of double click

then some others, mainly for roto.

Scroll Bars/rings off by default.
I have a scroll bar, a fusion doesn't recognise "automatic scroll", so i have to manually set "["; "]" keypress to it -> this corresponds to frame backward/forward

In intuos3 i have 4 buttons:
i set the to "t" (twist for splines), "s" (scale for splines), Shift+A (select all keys/vertices of a spline), Shift+S (smooth selected keys/vertices of a spline)

happy fusioning!

EDIT:
if You can squeeze in 5th button - i would suggest F4- to maximize the panel

Lucas Pfaff

Re: Wacom Tablet Configuration Tips

PostMon Nov 17, 2014 1:17 pm

I'm Intuos 4/4/Pro User

I always have the tip as left mousclick (who wonders, huh), then the first of the thumb-buttons (which is closer to the tip) as middle-mousebutton (or scroll wheel if you wish), and the other thumb-button is right-click.
That is especially cool for zooming and general navigation in the viewport, however I rarely do 3D so I can't tell about that

Return to Fusion