Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

symbolic links not working?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

nikolayatanasov

symbolic links not working?

PostMon Nov 17, 2014 12:11 pm

Hello,
I face the next problem when trying to open image with the fusion file browser window:

I can't dive trough symbolic linked folders on windows. When I copy paste the full path from explorer then everything works fine but that's not very user friendly having in mind that the explorer doesn't have option to gather image sequences.

Any way to make the symbolic links to work? Thanks!

Thomas Milde

Re: symbolic links not working?

PostTue Nov 18, 2014 7:37 am

I'm not sure about the Fusion file browser, but a workaround may be to just drag the images from the normal explorer into the Fusion flow. It will create a loader automatically. And if it is a numbered image, Fusion will automatically create an image sequence, so you only need to drag the first picture.

Will this help?
Tech:
Win 10 pro, Ryzen 9 5900X, 128 GB, M.2 for media
RTX 3080 ti, Intensity Pro, DVR Studio + Fusion 18.x, Desktop Video 12.x

nikolayatanasov

PostTue Nov 18, 2014 5:36 pm

Thanks for the help!

Sometimes we have a few sequences in one folder and doing that with the explorer is not very user friendly especially for long sequences and more versions.

Example: We have a flow that needs to replace all the 3D rendered elements with their new version and I want to keep all the in and out settings as well if the rendered EXR have passes I want to keep those settings in the loader as well.
The only work around for now is to copy and paste paths which is... like 19th century technology :lol:

It's so simple just to select the loader, to click on open image button, the file browser opens the folder where all the versions are and we can browse and choose whatever we want. When we have to replace 10 loaders and every one point to a different folder it becomes pretty nasty to copy and paste 10 different paths.

In the previous versions (fusion 6) there's not a problem with that and we can go trough all folders. I guess this will be fixed in the next update but someone have to notice it first :)

Thanks!

Ivan Ivanov

PostTue Nov 18, 2014 7:04 pm

For multi-loader/saver path change you can use "change paths" comp script ,if its still available in fu7 free version. Very useful.

Stefan Ihringer

PostTue Nov 18, 2014 8:19 pm

Here's an improved version of "Change Paths" that I once did. I hope it still works in 7.5...

http://www.bildfehler.de/fx/Change%20Pa ... yeonscript

• option to remember search strings in globals
  • don't lowercase whole path name
  • trim in and trim are no longer reset
blog and Fusion stuff: http://comp-fu.com/2012/06/fusion-script-macro-collection/

Return to Fusion