Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

GPU forced integrated graphics

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

conradhughes

GPU forced integrated graphics

PostWed Dec 31, 2014 2:46 am

Hey guys,
A (maybe) unintended consequence of only having the free version of Fusion 7 is that it's not possible to select a GPU. This means that Fusion defaults to--no matter what, Fusion is set to launch with the Nvidia GT860M in the various control panels--my integrated graphics card.

I managed to force a workaround to this by disabling my Intel card but this causes the system to be pretty unstable, also no color, brightness or contrast controls which is obviously important.

Any tips?

Rony Soussan

Re: GPU forced integrated graphics

PostWed Dec 31, 2014 6:00 pm

Half right.

Fusion free does not allow this, and the Fusion studio is limited to selecting video card for openCL calculations, not the main GPU for 3D and particles.

Rony

Marek Subocz

PostWed Dec 31, 2014 7:19 pm

i think You can Force Fusion to work with Gforce in Nvidia Panels - when You set Your default Gpu and / or linking Nvidia to Fusion.exe...
i hope it works for me - have a 870M and i think it works in Fu7.5. Of course there is "No OpenCl device Found" notice, but i just ignore it - had the same issue in 6.4 - OpenCl works.

The best way (?) to check it, is to run 3D renderer in float, with texturing depth set to Float... Intel card should give You an error, while Nvidia works (?) or sth like that ;)

conradhughes

PostThu Jan 01, 2015 3:52 am

Hey, thanks guys! I'll check to see if I'm still able to perform openCL operations.

Return to Fusion