Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

VIewport not working

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Matthew Zinn

VIewport not working

PostMon Jan 05, 2015 2:35 am

Hey All,

So I'm very very new to this program but I am certainly willing to put in the time to learn it all, once I get it all working. I'm a 3D Artist and compositor in the SF Bay Area and had previously done all my editing and compositing with Adobe and have been thinking about making the switch to Fusion since its a much more powerful program. However, I do need to get it working correctly before I think about spending the money for the full version.

I simply can't get the viewport to display anything on my system. I'm running a Intel i7 5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz with 32GD RAM and my GPU is a GeForce GTX 780 Ti.

Any time I load any footage - I and mean any footage be it .png sequence, a single jpeg, .mp4.mov etc (you get the picture) I can't get the footage to display in my viewport. I import everything through the loader but the thumbnails don't appear in the flow area, I just get the Loader Icon with the name of my file. I try using the hotkeys (1 and 2 ) I've tried dragging and dropping but nothing gets the picture in the viewport. I've even tried just making a text file within FUSION to see if I can get that to show up in either viewport and I'm not having any luck at all. I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything a number of times, still with no difference.

I don't believe its a codec problems because I took all of these files and am able to open and play them back without issue is DaVinci.

Please just tell me I'm doing something very simply wrong. I'd love for Fusion to become my main compositing program.

Thanks so much

Rony Soussan

Re: VIewport not working

PostMon Jan 05, 2015 6:03 pm

Hi Matthew,

Did you try a floating view? menu..windows-new image view
The floating views are a bit different in the way they render the image compared to build in ones.

I believe, but not 100% sure that floating views are not GL, where as the internal views are. If you can view in the floating, perhaps it may be your nvidia needs updating.

Please get back to me after trying.

Rony

Matthew Zinn

PostMon Jan 05, 2015 6:08 pm

yes I did try that method - just tried it again - just in case and its not working

more info
I can't even drag the Loader Icon out of the flow area into any of the viewports - they all just stop at the red boarder line - if I run teamviewer, would this be something you'd be able to help me with? I've got a significant project coming up and I was going to try this in Fusion but I'll have to resort back to AE if I can't get this running in a decent amount of time.

Thank you,

Matthew Zinn

Rony Soussan

PostMon Jan 05, 2015 6:32 pm

That's the way the drag and drop behaves.
The real issue is that your comp is set to never render!! (red line was the give away)

At the bottom of the flow area, next to the play controls. There is a button at the end that cycles through 3 modes. Some, None, All.

Some will only render the tools that are required to display your image, ALL will render all nodes regardless if the branches are dead ends. This is useful to initialize all the thumbnails for instance,
and NONE, this is great for when you have a series of adjustments you need to make that are all mathematical, and require no interactive changes. I only ever need this when the comp is SO complex that each adjustments requires extensive rendering before I get control of the GUI again.

I believe that will solve the problem!

Matthew Zinn

PostMon Jan 05, 2015 6:37 pm

you sir, desire a pay raise!!!

Rony Soussan

PostMon Jan 05, 2015 7:06 pm

Doesn't everyone desire one?

Have fun! Glad I can help get you going

Eddy Juillerat

PostFri Mar 12, 2021 2:55 pm

Rony Soussan wrote:At the bottom of the flow area, next to the play controls. There is a button at the end that cycles through 3 modes. Some, None, All.

Hello there. Old post from 2015... but maybe I'll find some help.

Can't see any button there on my setup. On the top right of the nodes area, I have a "..." button but it unrolls nothing. Maybe the bug is there?
Player vertical line is always red.

I can do Menu/Fusion/Render All Savers, making a rendern of the base clip but still, the play bar shows only the frozen last frame of the clip.

Important note: the Fusion Composition shows in the Edit page viewer. So it's really about Fusion's viewer.
Cameras: [BMPCC4K - Panasonic Lumix lenses] - [BMCC 2,5K EF - Sigma EX lenses]
System: Windows 10 pro 64 bits SSD - 5.1 - Resolve 18.5
Asus board X99-s - Intel Core i7-5960x 3 GHz - RAM 32 GB - MSI GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS GP OC (6 Go)

Rykyaa

PostSun Mar 21, 2021 9:34 pm

Eddy Juillerat wrote:
Rony Soussan wrote:At the bottom of the flow area, next to the play controls. There is a button at the end that cycles through 3 modes. Some, None, All.

Hello there. Old post from 2015... but maybe I'll find some help.

Can't see any button there on my setup. On the top right of the nodes area, I have a "..." button but it unrolls nothing. Maybe the bug is there?
Player vertical line is always red.

I can do Menu/Fusion/Render All Savers, making a rendern of the base clip but still, the play bar shows only the frozen last frame of the clip.

Important note: the Fusion Composition shows in the Edit page viewer. So it's really about Fusion's viewer.

I'm having the same issue in 17. Only the last frame shows on my fusion comp.

Eddy Juillerat

PostMon Mar 22, 2021 2:13 pm

I just installed Fusion Studio 16.2.4 along side Resolve 16.
I chose this version because it's close to my Resolve version.

It works, the view renders the files. So it's really a specific Resolve problem with, maybe, the GPU driver or something. Maybe I have to roll back to some previous versions.

Strange thing: I saved a composition made in the standalone Fusion verision, opened it in Resolve Fusion tab and then it renders...
Cameras: [BMPCC4K - Panasonic Lumix lenses] - [BMCC 2,5K EF - Sigma EX lenses]
System: Windows 10 pro 64 bits SSD - 5.1 - Resolve 18.5
Asus board X99-s - Intel Core i7-5960x 3 GHz - RAM 32 GB - MSI GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS GP OC (6 Go)

Return to Fusion