Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion, Windows 8.1, Bootcamp, Ultrastudio Mini Monitor

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

paulgolden

Fusion, Windows 8.1, Bootcamp, Ultrastudio Mini Monitor

PostThu Jan 22, 2015 11:41 pm

Not sure this is the right place, but here goes: I have a new Mac Pro 6,1 (late 2013 champagne bucket) and I've created a Windows 8.1 Bootcamp disk to run Fusion on it. Fusion works fine, but I'm unable to get my UltraStudio Mini Monitor to be seen by my Mac under Windows 8.1. I installed the Black Magic 10.3.4 Video drivers for Windows, but neither Fusion nor BM Media Express or the Control Panel recognize the MiniMonitor.

I'm somewhat of a Windows idiot, but I have tried looking in the Device Manager, but can't find the MiniMonitor on the attached hardware list. It's connected via Thunderbolt and connected before I boot. Other Thunderbolt devices like my Pegasus RAID and a Seagate drive dock are recognized, so I don't think its Thunderbolt per se.

Has anyone gotten this setup to work? I really on set up Windows to get Fusion working. BMD claim Bootcamp is unsupported for their devices, but I'm sure there's someone who's managed to get this combo working.

paulgolden

Re: Fusion, Windows 8.1, Bootcamp, Ultrastudio Mini Monitor

PostSat Jan 24, 2015 1:12 am

I finally got this working. Apparently, it matters which Thunderbolt port you plug into on the new Mac Pro. There are six ports, and I had to plug the MiniMonitor into one of the left ports, with nothing plugged into the right port. Once I did that everything seemed to work. Weird!

Robin Doelly

Re: Fusion, Windows 8.1, Bootcamp, Ultrastudio Mini Monitor

PostThu Jun 16, 2016 10:37 pm

I have also had odd issues with thunderbolt ... seems quite a few of these demanding hardware items require being first item in line to the compputer

Return to Fusion