Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Nuke to Fusion questions

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

AndyRea

Nuke to Fusion questions

PostTue Feb 10, 2015 10:16 am

Hi,

I'm new to Fusion but have used Nuke for a few years and have a few questions re features I use in Nuke that I'm wondering about in Fusion Studio, be grateful if anyone could fill me in.

Firstly, and I think I've read somewhere that it is possible, is there an equivalent of Z-Defocus in Fusion?
ie can you add depth of field with an unfiltered zdepth in Fusion, without a plugin and without edge artifacts?

Secondly, can you do 2.5D relighting ala the Nuke Relight node with a Normal world and point position pass?

Thirdly, can you use motion vectors to add motion blur without a third party plugin?

Finally, is there an equivalent of the Nuke ST Map to pipe a UV pass into: (for some reason I cant add a url to the example of this setup from Nukepedia)

Thanks in advance

Marek Subocz

Re: Nuke to Fusion questions

PostTue Feb 10, 2015 9:17 pm

hi ;)
Zdefocus as such is non-existent in Fusion atm. The closest thing is DepthDefocus Macro by Gringo based on VariBlur tool. Of course with Fusion Studio You can have plugins, such as Frischluft

Relighting can be done in various ways:
1) a shader node with normal passes
2) a couple of fuses / macros shared by awesome folks at vfxpedia/different forums
3) with WPP You can pt Your beauty on imageplane3D, Displace 3D with WPP and adjust while working in Fu 3D space. needs a camera though..

Motion Blur from vectors - there is a native Vector Blur tool, which allows that. While in free Fusion there is no tool which allows You to generate vectors, there is Dimension suit (optical flow and stereo-tools somewhat similar to Ocula) with Fusion Studio, to do that and more.
Also with Fusion Studio, You're allowed to run plugins, and legoware Krokodove also have the vector generator

Nuke StMap = Fusion texture Node - note that UV pass needs to be copied to UV channels.. Also i recommend Gringo's UVpositioner macro, and lots of other fantastic tools from the Man!

cheers

AndyRea

Re: Nuke to Fusion questions

PostThu Feb 12, 2015 12:41 pm

Thanks Marek,

I'm pulling together some render so I can test these things out, thanks so much for you information,
I will check all these things out

Return to Fusion