Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

3D view shortcuts

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Hubert de Tartas

3D view shortcuts

PostFri Feb 13, 2015 11:54 am

Is there a way to change the navigation shortcuts in the 3d view ? I didn't see anything in the preferences.
the default shortcuts are really not good. Especially for left handed people, I can tell. MMB + RMB to orbit the 3d view is just not right. I work with Maya too and so I'd like to use the same hotkeys to move, pan and rotate in the 3d view.
Like Nuke, you should definitively give the option to the users to switch to Maya or 3DS (or else) shortcuts. These little things are really really important when you use a software 10 hours a day.

michael vorberg

Re: 3D view shortcuts

PostFri Feb 13, 2015 7:49 pm

Currently you can't do that, but to give a little excuse : the navigation is made for use with a wacom panel. It's so fast and easy if you tried it that way. No need to use the keyboard for any pan or zoom

VladMafteiu

PostSat Feb 14, 2015 8:50 pm

Yes the current controls are just very bad.

Blazej Floch

PostThu Feb 19, 2015 1:23 am

Why right mouse to orbit? ALT + MMB or LMB works here.

To zoom:
You can use MMB+LMB and move the mouse horizontally. This worked for the last 10 years for at least one left handed person ;)

Johnny Farmfield

PostSat Feb 21, 2015 4:27 pm

I too would like the option to customize shortcuts to match my preferred 3D application, but until then you can use the mouse without any keys with drag RMB+MMB to orbit, drag MMB alone to pad and drag RMB+MMB horizontally to zoom.

Now, the question becomes, can I ever get used to use double mouse key drag options, something I haven't used since Softimage 3.9 in the late 1990s? I dunno. I just dunno. ;)
*** Pushing pixels, vectors and voxels since 25 years - www.farmfield-vfx.com ***

Olivier P

PostMon Apr 20, 2020 3:09 pm

Has anything changed in regards to the navigation shortcuts in the 3d view since this was last asked? I couldn't find anything in Resolve/Fusion 16.2. It would be really usefull if we could change them. Thanks.
Olivier Pascaud

Return to Fusion