Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Font Management

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Xavier Marchetti

Font Management

PostThu Mar 19, 2015 5:47 pm

Hi Everybody,

I'm trying the free version of Fusion. I have used it a long time ago when we had a DPS station with DF+. At least ten years ago. So I have mainly forgotten everything !
Apparently my fonts managed with suitcase aren't activated in Fusion. Does anyone have a similar problem ? Is there a way to fix it ? I really like the way to have a font manager instead of putting them 1 by 1 in the font folder.
I'm on windows7 64bit
Thanks

Xavier

Rony Soussan

Re: Font Management

PostThu Mar 19, 2015 6:01 pm

His Xavier,

While I'm not familiar with Font Management, I do know Fusion will only read fonts from the installed TrueType fonts on your system.

Blazej Floch

PostThu Mar 19, 2015 6:49 pm

It depends on how the FontManager works.
Fusion updates its fonts at the start. So you would need to restart Fusion every time you installed new Fonts.

However some Fontmanagers seem to do some tricks, they do not really copy/install fonts over to the system Folder. In that case its best to ask for support of the Fontmanager company.

Please note that Fusion itself is able to Manage Fonts:
Preferences -> Globals... -> Path Map -> Fonts:
Defaults to System:Fonts. You can add your own Font folders.

Xavier Marchetti

PostFri Mar 20, 2015 10:04 am

Hi,

Thank you for your answers. I forgot to mention that I use suitcase as font manager. I confirm every font activated with suitcase does not appear in fusion.
I didn't know about the path map. I'll give it a try.

Stefan Ihringer

PostFri Mar 20, 2015 11:13 am

I copied all my favourite fonts to my own folder that I've set in the path map prefs. Only way to get rid of those asian/etc fonts I don't need. They are disabled in Windows but Fusion reads font files on its own without asking Windows. That might be the reason why font managers have no effect.
blog and Fusion stuff: http://comp-fu.com/2012/06/fusion-script-macro-collection/

Return to Fusion