Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

bug? auto-fit in spline editor

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Stefan Ihringer

bug? auto-fit in spline editor

PostTue Mar 24, 2015 11:14 am

It seems as if the auto-fit in the spline editor doesn't always work. I have enabled all the auto-fit options I could find (time, values,...). I select a 3D tool in the flow view that has an animated XYZ position and switch to the spline editor. The curves do NOT fit into the viewer. I have to click the Fit button or press Ctrl-F.

Can somebody confirm this?
blog and Fusion stuff: http://comp-fu.com/2012/06/fusion-script-macro-collection/

Rony Soussan

Re: bug? auto-fit in spline editor

PostTue Mar 24, 2015 5:07 pm

Can you paste your comp? I cannot reproduce it using a test comp.

Thanks

Stefan Ihringer

Re: bug? auto-fit in spline editor

PostSat Mar 28, 2015 11:02 am

Here's a screencast. Curiously, the problem I had doesn't manifest itself in the same way. I thought it might have something to do with instanced tools or expressions. But when I switch back and forth between the two animated particle emitters in my comp, auto-fitting works. Until I moved the keys on the timeline view! Here's the video:

At the beginning, there's another peculiarity of the spline editor: I've clicked the checkbox next to the tool's name and it selected the two splines (size over life etc...) but not the animated XYZ positions. I think that IF it doesn't select all splines, it should be the other way around. I don't think anybody would think of adjusting the LUT splines first and foremost via the spline editor. At least not when there are other animated inputs like transformation.
blog and Fusion stuff: http://comp-fu.com/2012/06/fusion-script-macro-collection/

Return to Fusion