Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Mocha shape files to Fusion

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Ken Gray

Mocha shape files to Fusion

PostMon Mar 30, 2015 8:39 pm

Can anyone explain why I can successfully import SSF files from Mocha into Fusion 6.4 on multiple work stations except my own. When I import the shape data I only get the tracking data.

Cheers
Ken

Blazej Floch

Re: Mocha shape files to Fusion

PostTue Mar 31, 2015 9:54 pm

Which Fusion Version. Can you attach an example file. How do you import it?

Marek Subocz

PostTue Mar 31, 2015 9:58 pm

Hi,
by tracking data You mean a Tracker node?
or a polyline node with animation on its position?

One thing that comes to mind - Fusion does support huge numbers (8 digits TC based numbers) as a frame numbers. So if You accidentally did Your roto on the original TC based frame nubers - Fusion would not be able to read it - they're out of range.
So You need to do a frame offset in Mocha and re-export.

hope this helps

Ken Gray

PostWed Apr 01, 2015 4:02 pm

Fusion 6.4 build 1118
Step 1
I create a track in Mocha and build a mask that links to that track.
Step 2
I export the the shape data, not the tracking data to Fusion as a Shake Shape File (SSF). This is done by saving the file to my system (not copying the the data with clipboard)
Step 3.
I create a mask in Fusion, right click on viewer and select my poly-line, import SSF Shape and SHAZAM!

There is my mask baked to every frame and the tracking data. This is how it works on ten different machines except my one machine which has been wiped, re-installed with everything set back to default. When I import it to my neighbors work station it imports fine (once again it works on every other machine available) but when I import it to my work station the shape data is missing, I just get the tracking data.

The curious thing is we have another machine which would not allow the operator to TAB between Double Poly. Tried everything, re-installed software, set back to default and still it won't work.

Back to my issue, the Mocha tracked shape automatically creates a double Poly so I can't help but think that that might be a coincidence.

Ken

Return to Fusion