Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Announced ... but "What's new in Fusion Studio 8"

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Milan Michalik

Announced ... but "What's new in Fusion Studio 8"

PostTue Apr 14, 2015 10:41 am

Just got the email that Fusion Studio 8 was announced.
Nice, but what's new? (except this great info about OS X release).

I think that all expect some connection between Resolve and Fusion.
Will this ever happen? Because if not, this will be a big mistake (just my opinion).

Thank you for any info.
Crossing fingers for the future !!!!
BigSur, X299, Intel i9 14core, 128GB RAM, AMD XT6900, BM mini monitor,
Resolve 18.6.5 Studio, Elements panel

Jeff Ha

Re: Announced ... but "What's new in Fusion Studio 8"

PostTue Apr 14, 2015 10:55 am

bottom of the Fusion 8 announcement it made it seem like it's available now to test out on Win. It could be just a typo. "If you would like to try it now, please download the Windows based Fusion 8 as its free of charge and you can start working with it now!"

Kays Alatrakchi

PostTue Apr 14, 2015 6:34 pm

Milan Michalik wrote:Just got the email that Fusion Studio 8 was announced.
Nice, but what's new? (except this great info about OS X release).!

What I was told on the show floor (just got back from NAB) was that Fusion 8 doesn't necessarily have any huge updates, it's mostly the first "official" Blackmagic version of Fusion, and although there might be some optimizations and slight improvements here and there, the guy said it's mostly a name change to symbolize that the app is now fully under the Blackmagic banner.
>>Kays Alatrakchi
Filmmaker based in Los Angeles, CA
http://moviesbykays.com

Resolve 18.1.4, Mac OS X 12.6.3 (Monterey), iMac Pro 64Gb RAM, Decklink Mini 4K, LG C9

Mac Book Air M1, Mac OS X 12.6 (Monterey), 16Gb RAM

Milan Michalik

PostTue Apr 14, 2015 6:49 pm

Thank you guys for the info! I hope the connection with Resolve will come later.
BigSur, X299, Intel i9 14core, 128GB RAM, AMD XT6900, BM mini monitor,
Resolve 18.6.5 Studio, Elements panel

Stephanein Boulet

PostTue Apr 14, 2015 7:24 pm

Jeff Ha wrote:bottom of the Fusion 8 announcement it made it seem like it's available now to test out on Win. It could be just a typo. "If you would like to try it now, please download the Windows based Fusion 8 as its free of charge and you can start working with it now!"

Noticed the same thing yesterday and excitedly jumped to download "Fusion 8" but no such luck.. I assumed it was a typo when I also noticed the mistake "its free" next to it.

I wouldn't mind a lack of new features in the next version if many of the bugs and functionality issues were addressed along with better stability. (fingers crossed)

Steph

Vladimir LaFortune

PostWed Apr 15, 2015 2:09 pm

Most of us have expectations of new features whenever dot increment update shows up because that's how eyeon did updates :) Remember huge 6.4? That could have easily been 7 by today's standards.

Its a race of numbers and that's something eyeon didn't really understand from marketing perspective or simply they just didn't cared much about. Nuke is on version 9 already so BMD is doing some catching up of numbers here. Pretty much why XBOX 360 was named 360 instead of XBOX 2, so it didn't look lesser than PS3 at the time.

Jeff Ha

PostWed Apr 15, 2015 4:40 pm

Vladimir LaFortune wrote:Its a race of numbers and that's something eyeon didn't really understand from marketing perspective or simply they just didn't cared much about. Nuke is on version 9 already so BMD is doing some catching up of numbers here. Pretty much why XBOX 360 was named 360 instead of XBOX 2, so it didn't look lesser than PS3 at the time.

I hoping it's more than catching up numbers or unifying codebase between the OSes but more about providing solid features to compete with Nuke on more than just price alone. They seem like they killed it with Resolve 12, but it still seems a bit mysterious with the reveal of Fusion 8. Little substantial info on new features. OSX.. eh, ok. I definitely need to see more than a new number :)

Return to Fusion