Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Feature questions about Studio and Free Version

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

scottinglis

Feature questions about Studio and Free Version

PostWed May 20, 2015 12:40 pm

Hi,

I am wondering if the free version of Fusion has been hobbled so it will not output through a Decklink 4K card. we can't seem to get the output working (all our outputs are dual link 444 HDSDI - is this the problem?). Will this feature in work in the Studio version? Can't seem to easily find an answer to this question.

In Fusion 6.4 (Eyeon Version) we happily work with unencrypted DCI jp2k.mxf files in the loader. In the free version of Fusion 7 the loader won't load this media. Will DCI jp2k.mxf media load and play in the Studio version?

If anyone knows the answers I would be grateful :-)

Scott

Rony Soussan

Re: Feature questions about Studio and Free Version

PostWed May 20, 2015 5:06 pm

Looking into this for you..

Hopefully have answer shortly

Steve Roberts

Blackmagic Design

PostWed May 20, 2015 5:54 pm

In Fusion you can out put on a second monitor via a graphics card.
Decklink should work as well, Check Prefs I/O for decklink settings, also make sure you have the latest decklink drivers.

MXF files were not officially supported in Fusion 6.4, perhaps this is a thirdparty codec or format plugin?
What is the codec?

scottinglis

PostThu May 21, 2015 9:37 am

Hi Rony and Steve,

Thanks for getting back to me. It's really great that you are looking at this forum and assisting with these kind of issues.

It is good to know that the HD SDI output should work with updated BMD drivers for the DeckLink card in both the studio and the free versions. We have loaded fusion 7 onto our main colour grading machine which is using slightly older BMD drivers which we will update when we have a spare minute. Hopefully this will enable us to output fusion through our projector onto the screen in the colour suite. I'm looking forward to it :-).

The Fusion 6.4 (mentioned on the previous mail) is on one of our backroom machines and has codecs from Avid, AJA, K-Lite and LAV Filters installed. The main colour grading station does not have these codecs, which I suspect is why fusion 7 will not play DCP MXF files from the loader. I did load fusion 7 onto the back room machine and it did play the format with no issues. In the format tab of the loader it appears to be driven through direct show.

It would be really great for us if you were able to implement the reading and writing of the DCP image format (DCI compliant jpeg2000 mxf containers at 12 bit). We work with this format all the time, versioning finished content, adding text and supers for cinema etc and it would be a great time saver just to be able to throw this codec onto a loader and saver like any other codecs for quick end of project 2D comps.

Thanks again for your help,

Scott

Return to Fusion