Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on rendering

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

paolo vidaich

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on rendering

PostMon Jun 01, 2015 11:24 am

Hi all,

I installed fusion 7.7 (build 0), trying and studying the powerful capabilities.

Everything is ok, except when I try to render a composition over certain dimension frame, and this dimension depends from the complexity of composition (in any case these compositions are not big: I attach one sample). When it happens, not only Fusion crashes, but the entire pc crashes, showing a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. For example, with the composition attached, built for a 1920x1080 frame, it works only if I render in a preview mode with a third size dimension...with a half or full size the pc crashes.

In other words, it seems that the pc resources are not sufficient for Fusion processes over a certain limit, but I'm not able to understand where is the bottleneck (or eventually the conflict), or if the software needs more resources than my pc can offer. The pc is not a workstation but it's not an old generation pc (in this case I could understand this behavior):

CPU AMD FX-8350,
RAM 16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 937MHz,
Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A97 LE R2.0 (Socket 942)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 with 2GB,
,465GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 (SATA)
and SO Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Again, the pc crashes only with Fusion...I rendered compositions (similar or bigger, with the same footage) in After Effects, or some 3d models in Blender, or some videos in Sony Vegas, always at 1920x1080, and I had no problems..sometimes it wasn't fast, but it always arrived at the end of process.

So I ask help :-) since i'd like to understand which component (or more) create conflict with Fusion. I like very much this software and I'd like to know if I can change something to use intensively or I have to resign to use it at low dimension frame

Thanks in advance for your support

Paolo
Attachments
test.zip
(4.93 KiB) Downloaded 239 times

Blazej Floch

Re: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on rendering

PostMon Jun 01, 2015 5:59 pm

Fusion (non-Studio) is limited to Ultra-HD.
A crash however may be a sign for a bug. I think the idea is that the BMD support team monitors this forums, logs the bugs, and hopefully the bugfix appears in the next release.

paolo vidaich

PostTue Jun 02, 2015 9:32 am

Thanks Blazej for the answer.

I add only two things:

1) yes, I'm speaking about Fusion free, and 2) if we are in a presence of a bug (or unknown combination or hardware incompatibility) I'm available to make tests on my pc (for logs or anything else) helping BMD support team to solve the problem, obviously only if they consider it of general interest and useful for the community

paolo vidaich

PostWed Jun 17, 2015 3:46 am

....any ideas that could help to individue the problem?.....

thanks

Rony Soussan

PostMon Jun 22, 2015 5:42 pm

Can you set your tiles to full tile render display (right click in flow under options)
This way, you can watch the comp process and see where it's hanging and/or taking a long time.

Is this happening on all comps using these variables or just the one?
Can you send the comp ?

Chad Capeland

PostMon Jun 22, 2015 5:56 pm

What's the RAM configuration? Could you remove half the sticks and test it with each half of the sticks installed? Sounds like a hardware issue to me, but only the RAM is easy to test.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Return to Fusion