Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Weird Loader Problem

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Tanawat Wattanachinda

Weird Loader Problem

PostSun Jun 07, 2015 12:06 pm

This is my sq files
Screenshot (149).png
File List
Screenshot (149).png (2.05 KiB) Viewed 2745 times

If I set the loader to load file C:\Users\user\Downloads\DPX_sample\director_sample.003.dpx
the when I scrub the timeline only at frame 1, 3, 4 would show pictures, but if I try to scrub to frame 0 or 2. The console would print out this error
Code: Select all
Loader1 failed to load file "C:\Users\user\Downloads\DPX_sample\director_sample.000000000.dpx" (clip "C:\Users\user\Downloads\DPX_sample\director_sample.003.dpx" at frame 0) : Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

Loader1 failed at time 0
Loader1 failed to load file "C:\Users\user\Downloads\DPX_sample\director_sample.000000002.dpx" (clip "C:\Users\user\Downloads\DPX_sample\director_sample.003.dpx" at frame 2) : Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

Loader1 failed at time 2

If I load C:\Users\user\Downloads\DPX_sample\director_sample.000.dpx with the loader
then frame 0 would load just fine, but not the other frames and would print out this error
Loader1 failed to load file "C:\Users\user\Downloads\DPX_sample\director_sample.000000001.dpx" (clip "C:\Users\user\Downloads\DPX_sample\director_sample.000.dpx" at frame 1) : Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

Loader1 failed at time 1
Loader1 failed to load file "C:\Users\user\Downloads\DPX_sample\director_sample.000000002.dpx" (clip "C:\Users\user\Downloads\DPX_sample\director_sample.000.dpx" at frame 2) : Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

Loader1 failed at time 2
Loader1 failed to load file "C:\Users\user\Downloads\DPX_sample\director_sample.000000003.dpx" (clip "C:\Users\user\Downloads\DPX_sample\director_sample.000.dpx" at frame 3) : Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

Loader1 failed at time 3
Loader1 failed to load file "C:\Users\user\Downloads\DPX_sample\director_sample.000000004.dpx" (clip "C:\Users\user\Downloads\DPX_sample\director_sample.000.dpx" at frame 4) : Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

Loader1 failed at time 4

If I load C:\Users\user\Downloads\DPX_sample\director_sample.002.dpx with the loader
then frame 2 would load just fine, but not the other frames and would print out this error
Loader1 failed to load file "C:\Users\user\Downloads\DPX_sample\director_sample.000000000.dpx" (clip "C:\Users\user\Downloads\DPX_sample\director_sample.002.dpx" at frame 0) : Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

Loader1 failed at time 0
Loader1 failed to load file "C:\Users\user\Downloads\DPX_sample\director_sample.000000001.dpx" (clip "C:\Users\user\Downloads\DPX_sample\director_sample.002.dpx" at frame 1) : Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

Loader1 failed at time 1
Loader1 failed to load file "C:\Users\user\Downloads\DPX_sample\director_sample.000000003.dpx" (clip "C:\Users\user\Downloads\DPX_sample\director_sample.002.dpx" at frame 3) : Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

Loader1 failed at time 3
Loader1 failed to load file "C:\Users\user\Downloads\DPX_sample\director_sample.000000004.dpx" (clip "C:\Users\user\Downloads\DPX_sample\director_sample.002.dpx" at frame 4) : Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

Loader1 failed at time 4

What going on here?

Mark Rasmussen

Re: Weird Loader Problem

PostWed Jun 10, 2015 4:35 am

Hey,

I am having a similar error with my EXR files with Zip16 rendered. this does not happen with Version 6.4 of fusion. Can you try this out. Take any clip and render out EXR with Zip16 compression and see if you can load it back into Fusion 7.7.1 again.

Cheers
Mark Rasmussen
Senior Compositor | VFX Supervisor
Enigma|FX

Mark Rasmussen

PostThu Jun 11, 2015 3:56 am

Check and see if you have the "enable direct reads" set to on in the tweaks section of the preferences.

Cheers
Mark Rasmussen
Enigma|FX

Tanawat Wattanachinda

PostThu Jun 11, 2015 6:23 pm

Mark Rasmussen wrote:Hey,

I am having a similar error with my EXR files with Zip16 rendered. this does not happen with Version 6.4 of fusion. Can you try this out. Take any clip and render out EXR with Zip16 compression and see if you can load it back into Fusion 7.7.1 again.

Cheers

Did what you ask, and I can read Zip16 just fine...

Check and see if you have the "enable direct reads" set to on in the tweaks section of the preferences.

Cheers

Still same problem. :(

Mark Rasmussen

PostThu Jun 11, 2015 8:06 pm

Ok, that sucks. I would then just say there is a header problem with the DPX files. That is my first guess. I had this other problem which I wrote about, and realised through some friends I had left that setting on and it solved the problem.

Are you pre reading to many files at once? Slow drive?

Cheer
Mark Rasmussen
Enigma|FX

Tanawat Wattanachinda

PostFri Jun 12, 2015 3:47 pm

Mark Rasmussen wrote:Ok, that sucks. I would then just say there is a header problem with the DPX files. That is my first guess. I had this other problem which I wrote about, and realised through some friends I had left that setting on and it solved the problem.

Are you pre reading to many files at once? Slow drive?

Cheer

That's my first guess, too.
No, it's only this 4 files read from HD.

thank for the help.

Return to Fusion