Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Problem loading EXR files with Certain compression

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Mark Rasmussen

Problem loading EXR files with Certain compression

PostWed Jun 10, 2015 4:34 am

Hey Guys,
Here is an interesting one. So I have a sequence of frames, it does not seem to matter really what the source format is, but when I render out the sequence with nothing in between, just loader and a saver, and I use OpenEXR zip16 and I get an error I have not seen before after reloading the new rendered EXR files into the comp.

Loader2 failed at time 60 (this is just the frame I stopped at, it does it everywhere)
OpenEXR: Error reading pixel data from image file "Z:\PROJECTS\0210-TTB\Source_Footage\testPleaseDel.0060.exr". Unexpected data block y coordinate.
OpenEXR: Error reading pixel data from image file "Z:\PROJECTS\0210-TTB\Source_Footage\testPleaseDel.0060.exr". Unexpected data block y coordinate.
Loader2 failed to load file "Z:\PROJECTS\0210-TTB\Source_Footage\testPleaseDel.000000060.exr" (clip "Z:\PROJECTS\0210-TTB\Source_Footage\testPleaseDel.0000.exr" at frame 60) : Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

Now, if I do the same process in fusion 6.4 then I have no issues at all. Has anyone had a similar problem, or can someone test this for me and see if you get this problem. I am just wondering if it is something on my end. However when I render out in 7.7.1 and load into anything else it is loaded and displayed without a problem.

Cheers
Mark Rasmussen
Senior Compositor | VFX Supervisor
Enigma|FX

Mark Rasmussen

Re: Problem loading EXR files with Certain compression

PostThu Jun 11, 2015 3:55 am

ok this was resolved from some friends. I forgot I had set the "enable direct reads" in the tweeks section of the preferences. This option does not play well with OpenEXR.

Cheers
Mark Rasmussen
Senior Compositor | VFX Supervisor
Enigma|FX

Return to Fusion