Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Hotkeys again - skipping frames?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Lucas Pfaff

Hotkeys again - skipping frames?

PostWed Jun 24, 2015 7:06 pm

Hi there,

I have - again - a problem with hotkeys inside of Fusion. What I want is rather simple, I want to use the arrow-keys to skip frames forward and backward. One push, one frame.
And I get that to work, by adding this:

Code: Select all
   Frame = {
      LEFT = "self.Composition.CurrentTime = self.Composition.CurrentTime - self.Composition:GetPrefs([[Comp.Transport.FrameStep]])",
      RIGHT = "self.Composition.CurrentTime = self.Composition.CurrentTime + self.Composition:GetPrefs([[Comp.Transport.FrameStep]])",      
      },

Yet the problem now is that I can't use the arrow keys when inside of tools anymore. For example, if I want to type an expression, I can't use the arrow keys, it only skips frames then.
I tried to add the commands in a different place instead of FRAME, but then I didn't got them to work at all; I though this should work as it refers to self.Composition instead of self alone?
I actually want them to work "everywhere" except for areas I want to type, e.g. within a tool obviously.
I'd also like to skip 5 or 8 frames with a shortcut; one shortcut (that I didn't add myself I believe) is already in the fusion.hotkey file, but doesn't work:
   Preview = {
      SHIFT_LEFT = "self:Seek(self:GetAttrs().PV_CurrentFrame - 10)",
      SHIFT_RIGHT = "self:Seek(self:GetAttrs().PV_CurrentFrame + 10)",
   },

I have another problem of that sort with the following command:

T = "t = self:Composition():AddTool('Transform', true, -32768, -32768)",

I added that to Flow and Frame; and, you guessed right, now I can't use the T-key anymore inside of tools. I'm not too familiar with the expressions of Fusion yet, but I guess the letter T might be handy sometime :)
What I don't understand here though is that I also linked the letter B the same way, also in Frame+Flow:
      B = "t = self:Composition():AddTool('Blur', true, -32768, -32768)",

However I'm still able to use that key inside of expressions etc... what's going on there? :/

Best,
Rick

Blazej Floch

Re: Hotkeys again - skipping frames?

PostThu Jun 25, 2015 11:15 am

You have to be aware of the context:
Preview =

means that this only applies to previews.

You can add shortcuts to the "Flow" to only apply them in the flow.

Lucas Pfaff

Re: Hotkeys again - skipping frames?

PostThu Jun 25, 2015 8:42 pm

But that's exacly the problem. If I add it to "Flow", it simply doesn't work :/ even if I add "Compotion()" behind it.
I don't really get the system behind the Hotkeys; is there some sort of document where you can read how it works?

Return to Fusion