Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion 8, please shed some light

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Helge Tjelta

Fusion 8, please shed some light

PostTue Aug 25, 2015 6:38 pm

Now you have it, now you don't ?

Please explain why a quicktime loader bug takes this long to fix? also you promised a message ? remember ?

So WHEN ????????????

Please, it's getting cold outside. I want to go inside and play with Fusion, on my mac :) :) :) :) :)

michael vorberg

Re: Fusion 8, please shed some light

PostTue Aug 25, 2015 8:03 pm

ibc is around the corner, guess this is date to watch

Chad Capeland

PostTue Aug 25, 2015 8:38 pm

Helge Tjelta wrote:Please explain why a quicktime loader bug takes this long to fix? also you promised a message ? remember ?

Out of curiosity, why does everyone say it is a quicktime bug? Was there some announcement?
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Johnny Farmfield

PostTue Aug 25, 2015 9:02 pm

Chad Capeland wrote:
Helge Tjelta wrote:Please explain why a quicktime loader bug takes this long to fix? also you promised a message ? remember ?

Out of curiosity, why does everyone say it is a quicktime bug? Was there some announcement?

Not really, Terry wrote it this reply: forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?... :)

And looking to that reply, I too think it's kinda weird they haven't reposted it, I guess they found more bugs or just decided to not release it prematurely "again". Personally, as keen as I am trying it out, I'm not really in a panic, as a pretty new Fusion user, I'm still on my honeymoon with v7.x... :D
*** Pushing pixels, vectors and voxels since 25 years - www.farmfield-vfx.com ***

Kays Alatrakchi

PostTue Aug 25, 2015 9:51 pm

Tomorrow there's a Blackmagic event here in L.A., kinda hoping they let Fusion out of the bag first thing in the morning so that people can go to the event, get excited, and go home to download the app.

Who knows?
>>Kays Alatrakchi
Filmmaker based in Los Angeles, CA
http://moviesbykays.com

Resolve 18.1.4, Mac OS X 12.6.3 (Monterey), iMac Pro 64Gb RAM, Decklink Mini 4K, LG C9

Mac Book Air M1, Mac OS X 12.6 (Monterey), 16Gb RAM

Chad Capeland

PostWed Aug 26, 2015 1:19 am

Maybe it wasn't QuickTime at all, but Qt and someone misunderstood. But either way, seems odd to blame it on one bug.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Johnny Farmfield

PostWed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am

Chad Capeland wrote:Maybe it wasn't QuickTime at all, but Qt and someone misunderstood. But either way, seems odd to blame it on one bug.

Well, Terry wrote "We found a bug that stops QuickTime files from loading" so a misunderstanding seem pretty unlikely. ;)
*** Pushing pixels, vectors and voxels since 25 years - www.farmfield-vfx.com ***

Jeff Ha

PostWed Aug 26, 2015 10:03 am

I'm highly skeptical much has been done to close the gap on missing features and maybe the QT bug led to other other bugs surfacing. With the bug, they probably wanted to fix a few more glitches and marry it up with a new build they planned on releasing at a later date, so it may be a Beta 2 or 3 by the time we see it? Hopefully something will come out of the meet and greet in LA today and maybe that's the new date they were aiming for? Hard to say.

At least Syntheyes has a new build out which has some nice new features. I figure we'll still need a separate 3D tracker with Fu8 and its price is affordable, all things considered.

Johnny Farmfield

PostWed Aug 26, 2015 12:05 pm

Jeff Ha wrote:At least Syntheyes has a new build out which has some nice new features. I figure we'll still need a separate 3D tracker with Fu8 and its price is affordable, all things considered.

Mocha 5 will also have vastly improved Fusion support - it's a bit more pricey than Syntheyes, though you get a hell of a lot more than just the tracking with Mocha Pro.

Mike Bozulich

PostWed Aug 26, 2015 5:25 pm

It is kind of odd that Blackmagic hasn't given any updates at all beyond the initial "quicktime" post as to the status of the beta. We know they're reading these forum posts. :)

David Mathis

PostWed Aug 26, 2015 5:53 pm

I hope Fusion 8 will be here soon. Very tempted to lay on the floor and throw a temper tantrum until they do. :lol:

Jeff Ha

PostWed Aug 26, 2015 5:58 pm

Johnny Farmfield wrote:
Jeff Ha wrote:At least Syntheyes has a new build out which has some nice new features. I figure we'll still need a separate 3D tracker with Fu8 and its price is affordable, all things considered.

Mocha 5 will also have vastly improved Fusion support - it's a bit more pricey than Syntheyes, though you get a hell of a lot more than just the tracking with Mocha Pro.

Oh yeah indeed. Have mocha pro on maintenance. It's paid for itself many times over

Kays Alatrakchi

PostWed Aug 26, 2015 11:09 pm

Kays Alatrakchi wrote:Tomorrow there's a Blackmagic event here in L.A., kinda hoping they let Fusion out of the bag first thing in the morning so that people can go to the event, get excited, and go home to download the app.

Who knows?

Hmmmm...apparently not.

Just got back from the event, Blackmagic is obviously very excited about Fusion and was promoting it hard, but still MIA as of today....bummer! :D

It's obviously an "anyday now" type of thing, but all the Blackmagic people were mum about it.
>>Kays Alatrakchi

Resolve 18.1.4, Mac OS X 12.6.3 (Monterey), iMac Pro 64Gb RAM, Decklink Mini 4K, LG C9

fixer

PostWed Aug 26, 2015 11:42 pm

Actually, they were not that mum about it. The folks I spoke to thought the beta might be released later today. The source of the issue was a Quicktime update from Apple that broke something in their qt libraries, an unfortunately too common a problem in OSX pro apps ever since iTunes started using the QT engine and had tons of changes for their needs and little to no testing on other dependencies.

Kays Alatrakchi

PostThu Aug 27, 2015 12:36 am

fixer wrote:Actually, they were not that mum about it. The folks I spoke to thought the beta might be released later today.

Hehe...that's what they told me at Siggraph! Let's hope that this time they mean it! :D
>>Kays Alatrakchi

Simon Dayan

PostThu Aug 27, 2015 4:11 am

Fusion 8 Beta 1 win & mac ready to download :)

Fusion it's like a Voodoo the framework is great and i (hope) BM will add Advanced Feature in the next version.

NUKE STUDIO - price = Selling my kidney!
Prores win,linux,mac
3d motion tracking
Multi-track editorial timeline
Real-time 4k playback
and more...

Return to Fusion