Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Newbie question - Nothing is working

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Stuart Cohen

Newbie question - Nothing is working

PostFri Aug 28, 2015 10:31 am

Hello all,

Sorry for the very basic question.

I have opened up Fusion. Imported a video clip that has a person standing in front of a green screen. I have added the node Primatte and linked the footage to it. I press on Auto Compute...and nothing happens. I then tried to add different nodes like colour correction etc to test it out and still nothing is happening to my image? What am I doing wrong? Is there a button I haven't pressed to see any of the filters or effects? Not one thing is changing to my image?

Many Thanks

Rony Soussan

Re: Newbie question - Nothing is working

PostFri Aug 28, 2015 6:00 pm

are you viewing the image node or the primatte node?

Stuart Cohen

PostFri Aug 28, 2015 6:20 pm

Hi Rony,

I'm not sure? I click on both Nodes but nothing changes. I am starting completely from scratch. I watched some video tutorials and everyone just seems to import there footage. Place the node in one for the windows. It appears. Then they add an effects node...like primatte....link the footage to it. and click Auto compute and it works and shows up.

Thanks

Stuart

Rony Soussan

PostFri Aug 28, 2015 6:29 pm

you have to view the image in order to see changes, you can drag a node into view, or use the 1,2 button on keyboard to view a selected node (in either view 1 or view 2 )

Try going through these videos first

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... n/training

Johnny Farmfield

PostFri Aug 28, 2015 9:29 pm

This is as bad a subject name as I ever seen. So your car isn't starting either? ;)

@Rony

Can you move these into the Beta Forum or is it better we flag them so the admins do it?
*** Pushing pixels, vectors and voxels since 25 years - www.farmfield-vfx.com ***

Stefan Ihringer

PostSat Aug 29, 2015 9:35 am

Johnny Farmfield wrote:Can you move these into the Beta Forum or is it better we flag them so the admins do it?

Wouldn't that be "out of the beta forum"? I don't see how this question relates to the beta :-)
blog and Fusion stuff: http://comp-fu.com/2012/06/fusion-script-macro-collection/

Johnny Farmfield

PostSat Aug 29, 2015 2:28 pm

Stefan Ihringer wrote:
Johnny Farmfield wrote:Can you move these into the Beta Forum or is it better we flag them so the admins do it?

Wouldn't that be "out of the beta forum"? I don't see how this question relates to the beta :-)

Right now I don't either, but if I remember correctly, v8 was in the headline and likely changed when they moved it. Or perhaps I erroneously presumed it to be v8 related, but I think the headline was changed.
*** Pushing pixels, vectors and voxels since 25 years - www.farmfield-vfx.com ***

Tim McGilly

PostWed Sep 02, 2015 2:35 pm

click on the primate node and press on or drag it into the viewer

Return to Fusion