Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

spline editor context menu is too large

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Stefan Ihringer

spline editor context menu is too large

PostSun Aug 30, 2015 8:17 pm

So that's not really a bug in Fusion 8 but the jump from version 7 to 8 is as good as any other one to comment on this :-)

This screenshot shows the context menu that appears when I right-click on the label of an animated input in the left-hand list of the spline editor. It doesn't even fit on my laptop's monitor (I admit, I'm losing a bit of real estate due to the dock in OSX... but without it the menu wouldn't be less tall, just not as wide)

contextmenu_splineeditor.png
contextmenu_splineeditor.png (104.14 KiB) Viewed 622 times

I get the feeling that the sheer number of menu items doesn't make it faster to pick the right one. A lot of those items wouldn't have to show up when right-clicking where I have clicked:

• View Layout? That can be shown when I click on an empty area or the spline editor's tab.
  • The items from "Swap Inputs" through "Script" seem to be the ones that show up when right-clicking a tool in the flow. The least useful of them in the current situation is certainly "Edit Splines" :-)
  • Copy Values: copies the value of the current spline where my mouse is - it doesn't do anything when I click a label on the left.
  • Copy Points / Paste Points have the same hotkeys as the Copy & Paste commands at the top of the menu.
blog and Fusion stuff: http://comp-fu.com/2012/06/fusion-script-macro-collection/

Return to Fusion