Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Interesting Bug - Final Render

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

David Mathis

Interesting Bug - Final Render

PostMon Aug 31, 2015 12:05 am

Just noticed that when rendering out a QT movie, it gets saved out as a text file in OS X Yosemite unless you add the extension of .mov, no clue as to why. Anyone else seeing this or just me? Other than that, smooth sailing. :?

Terry Katz

Re: Interesting Bug - Final Render

PostMon Aug 31, 2015 1:47 pm

David Mathis wrote:Just noticed that when rendering out a QT movie, it gets saved out as a text file in OS X Yosemite unless you add the extension of .mov, no clue as to why. Anyone else seeing this or just me? Other than that, smooth sailing. :?

Did you try to rename the resulting file and adding the .mov extension? I tried this and while Finder says its a text document, it was indeed a Quicktime. (adding .mov allowed double clicking it to open in Quicktime Player).

I'm guessing that there's no file type information being set for the file, so without that or an extension Finder doesn't know what it is and just assumes text, but the contents is actually a valid QT file.
Terry Katz

David Mathis

PostMon Aug 31, 2015 3:50 pm

I did add the .mov extension and it worked like a charm. Thought it might have been an OS X issue. New to Funsion so I expect some initial confusion, no pun intended.

At least I can avoid paying rent to touch up individual clips. Waiting for the studio version to arrive.

I assume there is no OFX support in the free version. Only reason why I would need studio.

Terry Katz

PostMon Aug 31, 2015 4:34 pm

I guess in theory BMD could have the saver append an extension if one doesn't exist.

I'm looking forward to studio as well for the plugin support. I'm assuming there will be some growing pains with the beta once it arrives, as its the first time on the new platform. Nonetheless after playing with the free version of the weekend I'll gladly buy studio once its available. Even if its only in Beta.
Terry Katz

Return to Fusion