Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

It's not easy keying green -Kermit the Frog

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Sander de Regt

It's not easy keying green -Kermit the Frog

PostTue Sep 01, 2015 9:26 pm

Hi everyone,

Here's a video I did a couple of years ago. In it Kermit the Frog explains the pros and cons of Greenscreen keying. All actual keying was done in Fusion of course.

Last edited by Sander de Regt on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Johnny Farmfield

Re: It's not easy keying green -Kermit the Frog

PostTue Sep 01, 2015 9:36 pm

Rolling. On. The. Floor. Dying. xD

Damn man, it's half an hour to midnight here, you can't do that to a middle aged fat dude at this time of night, I'll have a friggin heart attack... :D

Addendum, Thu Sep 03, 2015:

So I got a lot of re-tweets and shares over Facebook after posting this, and look, we got you from 40 to 330 views in 2 days, that's pretty awesome! :D

And I just rewatched it and it's amazing how you actually managed fully to emulate that real Muppet magic - which leads us to one conclusion, this has to become a classic, one of those must-see's, in regard to VFX.
*** Pushing pixels, vectors and voxels since 25 years - www.farmfield-vfx.com ***

Remco johannes

PostSun Sep 06, 2015 12:49 pm

awesome

Sander de Regt

PostMon Sep 07, 2015 7:55 am

Johnny Farmfield wrote:So I got a lot of re-tweets and shares over Facebook after posting this, and look, we got you from 40 to 330 views in 2 days, that's pretty awesome! :D

And I just rewatched it and it's amazing how you actually managed fully to emulate that real Muppet magic - which leads us to one conclusion, this has to become a classic, one of those must-see's, in regard to VFX.

Thanks a lot for that post. I'm almost up to 4K views now. It's slowing down, but I think that's logical since the VFX community isn't that large anyway.
I feel the best parodies manage to be both an hommage to and a parody of the thing they're spoofing, so that's what I was aiming for.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Johnny Farmfield

PostMon Sep 07, 2015 12:08 pm

Sander de Regt wrote:Thanks a lot for that post. I'm almost up to 4K views now. It's slowing down, but I think that's logical since the VFX community isn't that large anyway.
I feel the best parodies manage to be both an hommage to and a parody of the thing they're spoofing, so that's what I was aiming for.

Perfect mix, absolutely. :D
*** Pushing pixels, vectors and voxels since 25 years - www.farmfield-vfx.com ***

Return to Fusion