Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

some GUI inconsistencies

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

michael vorberg

some GUI inconsistencies

PostSun Sep 13, 2015 11:23 am

if i choose the neutral grey GUI the toolbar is still with the blue tint:
grau.JPG
grau.JPG (11.76 KiB) Viewed 875 times

the values in the spline editor and timeline are hard to read with the dark blue background:
spline_view.JPG
spline_view.JPG (22.29 KiB) Viewed 875 times

Stefan Ihringer

Re: some GUI inconsistencies

PostMon Sep 14, 2015 7:10 am

just adding some nitpicking about the skin in beta 2. I generally like the new one because it is more readable. On the other hand, there are some things that kinda irk me the longer I look at them...

This is on OSX where I know that text rendering is very different from Windows (most Windows users tend to be annoyed by the "blurry" text while most OSX users think Windows text rendering looks weird). But for example Photoshop on OSX has pretty crisp GUI text...
Attachments
beta2_skin.png
beta2_skin.png (27.99 KiB) Viewed 843 times
blog and Fusion stuff: http://comp-fu.com/2012/06/fusion-script-macro-collection/

Chad Capeland

Re: some GUI inconsistencies

PostMon Sep 14, 2015 3:34 pm

The colors in the Spline Editor are assigned incorrectly, best I can tell. Instead of using the spline color, it uses some derivative of it. The same colors are used for the keyframe markers, and when a light blue spline gets a purple keyframe marker, it's confusing. I think if the colored backgrounds for the Time and Value inputs followed the spline colors (which are muted by default), then it would be easier on the eyes.

Regarding the fonts, it's not just blurry, it's not using subpixel-aware antialiasing. From your screencap, which is a jpg, not png, so I can't be certain if it is missing that, but without you'll have either really blurry text, or really ugly text.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Return to Fusion