Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Floating viewer + Wacom = Bug

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Johnny Farmfield

Floating viewer + Wacom = Bug

PostSat Oct 10, 2015 2:53 pm

Having had some problems with my right arm/hand, I got back to using a tablet for the first time in years, and it works great, but I have an annoying issue in Fusion 7.7...

I run dual screens, so my setup for Fusion is a floating window with a viewer on my left monitor and the app window with the flow and I have this layout to load at application start.

The problem is, when I enter 3D mode in the viewer, the 3D navigation tools works as they should, but if I try to grab something like a move-handle, it instantly jumps out of control. The only way to get it working is to first reset the layout, then go back to my saved dual screen layout.

Is this a known issue or did I manage to make one up as I went along?

To replicate. Open a floating viewer, then save the current layout as the default one. Restart Fusion. Add any 3D object to the scene and drag-drop it in the viewer. Now try using translate/rotate/scale handles.
*** Pushing pixels, vectors and voxels since 25 years - www.farmfield-vfx.com ***

Saso Bogdanov

Re: Floating viewer + Wacom = Bug

PostMon Oct 12, 2015 9:11 am

I had same problem. But i guess only once in a while :). I never change fusion layout (2 monitors - one with floating window). I always use wacom. So it's same setup like yours.

I tested it now and it works (same composition that didn't work), but i remember, that sometimes objects jump out of control. I use sliders in that cases, or restart fusion.

Rony Soussan

Re: Floating viewer + Wacom = Bug

PostMon Oct 12, 2015 7:33 pm

Set your wacom tablet area to match perspective of dual monitor, see if that helps.

Return to Fusion