Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion 8 Updates???

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Abdelrahman Magdy

Fusion 8 Updates???

PostWed Nov 11, 2015 4:41 pm

What is currently going with Fusion 8? Why are there no new releases after Public Beta 2, and when is the final version expected to be released??

I have been looking for any information online, but I am unable of finding answers to these questions.
System specs:
Resolve Studio version: 16.1.0.055
Fusion Studio version: 9.0.2
CPU: Intel i7-4790k 4GHz Quad-Core
RAM: 32GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 1080 Ti 11GB

Chad Capeland

Re: Fusion 8 Updates???

PostThu Nov 12, 2015 9:13 pm

Are you really looking for an answer?
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Abdelrahman Magdy

PostFri Nov 13, 2015 12:53 pm

I was hoping to.. Blackmagic was providing release date details for Resolve 12, but they seem very quiet regarding Fusion 8.
System specs:

Chad Capeland

PostFri Nov 13, 2015 2:44 pm

Resolve was a minor update which introduced buggy new features. Not comparable at all. And BMD has had release dates published for it's hardware that have notoriously been wrong.

Would it help if BMD said Fusion 8 would be released next week? If they did, would you base a business decision on that? If you did, would that be wise?
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Abdelrahman Magdy

PostSun Nov 15, 2015 12:32 am

Why would I even base a business decision on that? I am asking just because I am interested in seeing what the final release would bring.

That's it.
System specs:

Jeff Ha

PostSun Nov 15, 2015 2:21 pm

Chad Capeland wrote:Would it help if BMD said Fusion 8 would be released next week? If they did, would you base a business decision on that? If you did, would that be wise?

Why are you so uptight and angry? What is it to you if someone asks a question such as this in a forum owned by another company? He asked a simple question. Considering there hasn't been a public beta update in over a month, it is a simple question that basically BMD could be answering and not someone else in the forums who isn't really providing any additional information.

To answer your silly questions. 1. Does it matter? The OP didn't ask when the final would be released next week. 2. If they released a new beta next week, it probably wouldn't have anyone basing a business decision, because, it's a beta. Also, it's no one else's concern whether or not the OP intends on buying F8 once it is released. 3. Ummm see 1 and 2. It's a beta. Asking for potential release for the next beta or RC isn't out of bounds, neither is asking if they have firmed up a gold date. Some companies offer projections on shipping dates for final releases in advance so the OP's question isn't so out of line. Others are a bit more tight-lipped. It's their choice.

How about letting people ask their questions to BMD without all of the noise. We're all in this beta together and the point is to work together to make Fusion stronger without alienating the users and making them feel less welcome here.

I look forward to hearing what BMD has to offer in the way of the next beta and more information pertaining to F8 and future versions, if they can share whatever information publicly. Rock on Fusion.

Chad Capeland

PostMon Nov 16, 2015 2:50 am

Jeff Ha wrote:
Chad Capeland wrote:Would it help if BMD said Fusion 8 would be released next week? If they did, would you base a business decision on that? If you did, would that be wise?

Why are you so uptight and angry? What is it to you if someone asks a question such as this in a forum owned by another company? He asked a simple question.

You're right, I should have instead pointed him to all the other threads here asking this same exact pointless question. I'm not uptight or angry, I just don't like this particular question, no matter how many times it is asked.

If BMD had something to release, it would be released. There's no reason for them NOT to release it. So if it hasn't been released, assume it's not ready. There's lots of productive things for us to do besides asking questions with no good answers.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Abdelrahman Magdy

PostMon Nov 16, 2015 3:19 am

First of all, thanks Jeff for backing me up here. I really appreciate it.

Chad.. if my question is pointless to you, you didn't need to bother yourself with it. Consider me the pointless guy on the forum who has nothing to do except asking these boring questions, and ignore me.

It's pretty obvious that if blackmagic has something to release they will release it. I didn't need you to enlighten me with this precious piece of info.

The funny thing is, my post was getting no replies from anyone, so it would have died. If my initial post was pointless for you, you made it more pointless with your posts that don't answer my question.

It's not like I sent this post to your private email address, so you felt offended by it. This is a public forum, and I wasn't even expecting an answer from any of the regular members, since they mostly know nothing about it. So you could have just passed it if it annoys you that much.

And by the way, the question itself is not that pointless. Rony and other blackmagic staff members are available on the forum, so I think there's no problem if anyone wants to ask them about any news on the release dates or why one of the products is not being updated.

I am so sorry, but from the beginning, I found your replies inappropriate, and your aggressiveness is totally uncalled for, and I kept trying being decent. But who even are you to give yourself the right to say that a question that interests me, and that is not even posted to you, is a pointless question???
System specs:

Chad Capeland

PostMon Nov 16, 2015 12:12 pm

You're right, there's nothing wrong with the question. But someone asked the same question just two days before you in the same forum. BMD didn't respond to that question or this question.

I was simply defending BMD's developers because I have worked with them for a long time and have repeatedly defended them in the past regarding such questions. They can't discuss their timeline estimates with anyone outside of the company, and even if they could, they're just estimates, and for years it's been the situation that users ask about release schedules, get told some seemingly arbitrary date, then get upset when that estimate proves incorrect.

Software development doesn't work like media production. If BMD started making and keeping release schedule promises, which seems to be what you are asking for, then the quality of the software will suffer or the value will decrease.

So I was, in effect, not making an inappropriate response, I was arguing for higher quality and better value for future releases of a software I use every day.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Abdelrahman Magdy

PostMon Nov 16, 2015 1:45 pm

I have been interested in programming in the past so I am aware that it's pretty different than media production, and you cannot announce a specific date.

And for me, it's better to get a good, reliable software late, than a buggy one early. So it's not like I am pushing for a release date or something. It's just since I have seen blackmagic do it before and announce a release estimate, and since there was no updates for Fusion after publoc beta 2 that I wanted to know, if they are of course allowed to say, what's going on with the development now.

I didn't see the earlier post that asked the same question, but I kept searching and nothing has come up in the search.

Anyway, it is nothing. The whole was a miscommunication. We are all hoping for a good software that is reliable in everyday use.

Cheers
System specs:

Chad Capeland

PostMon Nov 16, 2015 2:11 pm

Indeed, which is why we need people interested in the beta and putting it through thorough testing. I don't want to discourage anyone from that, far from it. If enthusiasm falls off, it's bad for everyone (except Adobe and The Foundry).
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Sander de Regt

PostMon Nov 16, 2015 8:20 pm

Abdelrahman Magdy wrote:First of all, thanks Jeff for backing me up here. <snip>

I am so sorry, but from the beginning, I found your replies inappropriate, and your aggressiveness is totally uncalled for, and I kept trying being decent. But who even are you to give yourself the right to say that a question that interests me, and that is not even posted to you, is a pointless question???

I'm sorry, Abdelrahman and Jeff, but talking to Chad in this way is way out of line.

We're talking about someone who has been a Fusion user for ages, who volunteers his time on forums like these to help people out -also the absolute newbies - and who regularly contributes FREE tools to the Fusion community.Of course, since you guys are relatively new, you probably don't know this, but since I've known Chad on this and other forums for years now, I know how to read his comments.

All of the things he wrote can be interpreted as rude, or as legitimate questions.

If you're starting out with new software I feel it would be wise to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. You don't want to have people like Chad turn his back on forums like these.
They're the greatest assets Fusion has: power users who help out others.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Abdelrahman Magdy

PostWed Nov 18, 2015 4:45 pm

Hi Sander,

First of all, this is an issue that we've all decided to get past it, so I wouldn't want to start discussing it again, since it adds nothing to the forums.

As I said, it was all a miscommunication from all of us, and I think it would be much better to do what Chad said in his last post.

we need people interested in the beta and putting it through thorough testing. I don't want to discourage anyone from that, far from it. If enthusiasm falls off, it's bad for everyone (except Adobe and The Foundry).

I would never, of course, want experienced Fusion users like Chad to turn their backs to the forums. We are all here to learn and advance both an industry we are all passionate about (media production in general and post production specifically) and a software we all respect (whether it's Resolve or, in this case, Fusion).

From now on, I will not discuss what happened here again, since this forum is devoted to discussing Fusion, and we don't want members to engage in something other than that.

Have a good day.
System specs:

Sander de Regt

PostThu Nov 19, 2015 1:08 pm

Abdelrahman Magdy wrote:Hi Sander,

First of all, this is an issue that we've all decided to get past it, so I wouldn't want to start discussing it again, since it adds nothing to the forums.

That's good to hear. I guess I replied to the post as soon as I came across it, without reading the rest of the thread. That's my mistake. Won't happen again.

Cheers!

Sander de Regt
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Return to Fusion