Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Right-click Tool - Show> Show Modes/Options ??

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Andrew Devis

Right-click Tool - Show> Show Modes/Options ??

PostTue Nov 17, 2015 11:19 am

Can I ask what this actually shows/hides? I've been playing around trying to work out if having this on or off makes any difference and so far I can't find anything it actually does.

So, if it does something does its name need to be changed to make it clearer what it actually does (can't find anything in the user manual either)? Or, should it be removed as all the mode icons show regardless if it is selected or not ...

Ivan Ivanov

Re: Right-click Tool - Show> Show Modes/Options ??

PostTue Nov 17, 2015 2:54 pm

From the manual:

This will display icons in the tool tile depicting various states, like Disk caching or Locked.

It is a description of the preferences option, but it is the same for the tool option.

However, you will only see difference in the tool tiles mode displaying behavior if you have the "Show Modes/Options " option under Global preferences -> Flow, unchecked.
If it is checked, then all tiles in your new comps will show the icons by default and checking/unchecking it on particular tool won't have any effect.

Andrew Devis

Re: Right-click Tool - Show> Show Modes/Options ??

PostWed Nov 18, 2015 9:49 am

Thanks Ivan, that's helpful. I guess it may be too much to ask for the option to not be available on the Tool Context Menu if it is selected in the Preferences ... but at least I know what's going on now!

Return to Fusion