Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Coming from Photoshop: Questions :)

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

David Alan Smith

Coming from Photoshop: Questions :)

PostSun Dec 20, 2015 10:49 am

Most of the time I've been working with Photoshop and there have been questions coming up lately.
I will try to keep whatever comes up in this thread - maybe it could be of use to other users as well.

[*] I use the Exposure Layer in quite a lot. How would I do this in in FU? As per forum search there doesn't seem to be an easy answer to this?!

[*] Is there a good explanation somewhere to what the different blending modes in the merge node match up in PS? At points it's difficult to reproduce results.

[*] I use Layer Comps quite a bit. Is it possible to switch between different configurations "globally" or would I have to copy/paste the hole tree?

michael vorberg

Re: Coming from Photoshop: Questions :)

PostMon Dec 21, 2015 8:41 pm

David Alan Smith wrote:[*] I use the Exposure Layer in quite a lot. How would I do this in in FU? As per forum search there doesn't seem to be an easy answer to this?!

isnt it just the Brightness/Contrast node in fusion? gain is exposure, gamma = gamma, offset is Brightness?

David Alan Smith wrote:[*] I use Layer Comps quite a bit. Is it possible to switch between different configurations "globally" or would I have to copy/paste the hole tree?

you can use different dissolves which you connect via expression or clone them to enable/disable layers globaly
and if you have more then one layer to switch try this fuse:
http://www.steakunderwater.com/VFXPedia ... escription

you can also enable/disable tools per expression which is linked to another tools state

and maybe you could take use of the SE_PriorityPassthrough script from Eric to switch different tools on/off together:
http://www.steakunderwater.com/VFXPedia ... ul_Scripts

Travis Schmiesing

Re: Coming from Photoshop: Questions :)

PostTue Dec 22, 2015 7:02 pm

David Alan Smith wrote:[*] Is there a good explanation somewhere to what the different blending modes in the merge node match up in PS? At points it's difficult to reproduce results.

I haven't been able to reproduce the look of the transfer modes exactly but who is to say that the way Photoshop is producing them is actually the correct look?

Also... if you want to do an "Add" transfer you need to leave the Apple Mode as Normal and set the Alpha Gain to 0.

Return to Fusion