Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Matching Photoshop color balance

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Emi Anemi

Matching Photoshop color balance

PostMon May 30, 2016 12:18 pm

Hello everyone. I'm trying out Fusion color balance (through color gain, the only one I've found that has balance), and I just can't seem to get anything close to Photoshop results.
I realize Fusion is not Photoshop, but I expected the two to act in a similar way for the same function, however Fusion results are vastly different, I mean, not somewhat different, completely different. And no matter how much i fiddle with the controls I can't get even close.
Am I doing something wrong, is there some other tool or workflow that I should be using for this kind of color balance?

Thanks in advance!

Disclaimer: I've already searched and found two threads on this forum regarding how certain tools behave differently before/after gamut in linear workflow, but in attached example simple jpg is used.
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (657.16 KiB) Viewed 571 times

Travis Schmiesing

Re: Matching Photoshop color balance

PostTue May 31, 2016 7:58 pm

I'm following this thread as I am also working on my Fusion color skills... The one thing I will add right now... We are both used to cc'ing in Photoshop but who is to say Photoshop's method is providing better results using the same method than what Fusion is providing? Sure, PS is giving you the look you want but only because you have spent countless hours working in PS and learning the nuances of their tools. It may be best not to try to replicate the workflow throw exact tool sets but rather play with different tools to see what results you get.

Return to Fusion