Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion connect clip aspect ratio problem

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Mark Tavares

Fusion connect clip aspect ratio problem

PostTue Jul 05, 2016 6:26 am

For some reason when I fusion connect a couple of clips from resolve to fusion, it's changing my 1.3x footage in resolve to 16:9 in fusion.

I can go back and correct each loader clip in fusion back to 1.3x but the saver still has it as 1920x1080 without the black bars (like in fusion - I have the output blanking turned on 2.35) so when it renders out from fusion with each loader corrected the edges are cut off as it's zoomed in.... I can't find an option to change the saver and I don't want to create a new saver otherwise resolve won't see it....

My last shot worked ok. It imported the footage in the correct 2.35 ratio and it said 1:1 in the custom tab so it had brought over the 1.3x setting from resolve to fusion (including the black bars) but this next shot hasn't recognised the footage on the timeline in resolve is 1.3 (without the output blanking black bars) and put aspect skewed back to 16:9 which stuffs up the saver so when I correct inside fusion the edges are cut off...

This is perplexing me....

Do I have to tick something so the fusion connect clip will render out the correct aspect ratio with the black bars?? It worked the first time but hasn't this second...

The only thing I can think of that is different between the first time (worked) and second (no black bars) is that the second time had a fade in on the resolve timelime.... first one didn't.... might try it without.

Please chime in if you know anything. Cheers!

Mark Tavares

Re: Fusion connect clip aspect ratio problem

PostTue Jul 05, 2016 8:38 am

Put another way.

Can I render out the blackbars (output blanking) from resolve to fusion?

Did it with one shot but not with the other....

Haryanto

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Jul 05, 2016 10:50 am

Probably you may get the result you expect by creating Compound clip before creating Fusion Connect clip.
[i.e. select the clip(s) and create compound clip, then create Fusion Connect clip from that Compound clip]

Would be great if you can let us know whether it works as per your expectation...

Mark Tavares

PostTue Jul 05, 2016 11:48 am

Haryanto wrote:Probably you may get the result you expect by creating Compound clip before creating Fusion Connect clip.
[i.e. select the clip(s) and create compound clip, then create Fusion Connect clip from that Compound clip]

Would be great if you can let us know whether it works as per your expectation...

Epic reply - thanks, that fixed it - all clips selected to go into a fusion connect clip seem to need to be compound clips first to keep the black bars - cheers!! - tried it before and after seemed to work - appreciate that

Mark Tavares

PostTue Jul 05, 2016 11:50 am

Although in the meantime I actually ended up changing the aspect ratio in fusion and using the transform tool to resize the image so the edges weren't cut off and black bars reappeared. Seemed to be good enough

Return to Fusion