Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion8 fails to start

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Ignacio de La Cierva

Fusion8 fails to start

PostThu Jul 07, 2016 12:16 pm

Hello

Just downloaded and installed Fusion8 and it's not working. It does nothing, sometimes just get a white square (seems a failed splash screen) and that's all. I see there's a precess using about 60MB of RAM in the task manager. Killing that process is the only way to cancel the failed startup.

Running Windows7 64.

I've searched the forum and tried the few solutions I've read:

- Setting compatibility properties of all executable files to "Windows 7"
- Update all drivers.
- Remove Resolve dongle

I've read it might be a OFX compatibility problem, and I have a few installed for Resolve, but I don't know how to make Fusion Ignore them.

On the other hand, those OFX issues were described in some quite old threads, prior to last release.and were not confirmed by the Blackmagic staff.

Anyone have a cue? I'm in a hurry, deadline's eve, and was relaying in Fusion to make the final comp.

Shall I revive Combustion 2008? :D I'm too lumpsy with AE...

Ignacio de La Cierva

Re: Fusion8 fails to start

PostThu Jul 07, 2016 2:27 pm

Oh my dog... I've been all day working a Fusion project to be delivered tonite, and a moment ago the program crashed and refuses to restart.

Tonight is going to be one of the nights....

Any help on this?

Jamie Murray

PostMon Jul 11, 2016 2:18 pm

Please keep in mind that this could possibly not be connected to what you're finding.

We've caught two issues on our Windows Fusion 8.1 setup here.

Firstly, would seem that having OFX plugins on the network is a no go.

Secondly if you've got something installed in C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX then try moving them out of there and re-starting F8 to see if that will help.

We had Twixtor working locally on a couple of artists machines here with Fusion 7.7 (incl mine) but every time I launched F8 it simply vanished with no logs or immediate indicators of what's happened.

Cheers

Moritz Bock

PostTue Jul 12, 2016 8:33 am

Have you tried starting it with "Fusion.exe -log logfile.txt" and checked whats going on?
Sounds aweful familiar to the problem i'm currently having with the renderfarm.
What are your system specs? Especially the graphics card?

Ignacio de La Cierva

PostWed Jul 13, 2016 10:36 pm

HI!

The other night I decided to restore a "clean customized windows" disk image I have, and reinstall F8+DR12. Worked fine.

I haven't tried to install any OFX since then. I'm sorry I can't help you.

Just hope the OFX+Fusion compatibility issue is fixed before the next time I need any OFX.

Thanks!

Haryanto

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Jul 14, 2016 11:22 am

Jamie Murray wrote:Please keep in mind that this could possibly not be connected to what you're finding.

We've caught two issues on our Windows Fusion 8.1 setup here.

Firstly, would seem that having OFX plugins on the network is a no go.

Secondly if you've got something installed in C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX then try moving them out of there and re-starting F8 to see if that will help.

We had Twixtor working locally on a couple of artists machines here with Fusion 7.7 (incl mine) but every time I launched F8 it simply vanished with no logs or immediate indicators of what's happened.

Cheers

for Twixtor, probably try installing their latest version for Fusion 8?
I believe, on their latest installer, you can choose which Fusion version you want to install it for.

Jamie Murray

PostThu Jul 14, 2016 4:33 pm

Thanks, we'll grab that and give it a try.

Also noticed that if you have multiple locations or envs pointing to multiple OFX paths it can cause problems for Fusion 8.1.

Cheers

Return to Fusion