Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

move everything

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Jens Noelte

move everything

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 2:59 pm

I built a scene consisting of several 3d merges, lights, etc piped into different renders and 2d merges. Now I need to move the entire construction to different coordinates to fit into another comp. Is there a simple way to move everything at once? I'll go nuts if I have to add transform nodes after every merge.

Chad Capeland

Re: move everything

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 4:09 pm

The transforms concatenate. Just put a Transform3D before the Renderer3D. But normally you don't move the scene, you just move the camera, otherwise it won't look much different.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Jens Noelte

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 5:34 pm

Thanks Chad. I was afraid of that... I have a bunch of renderers because some 3d merges have 2d effects attached, some don't, some have shadows, others ribbons, means mixing open gl and software renders. I need to move/paste the construction into a larger scene which I built earlier. After pasting it, I need to move the entire mess to the proper position in my main comp. I was hoping for something like a global transform that I could add after my last 2d merge. Mixing 2d and 3d is a real pain. Fusion would be so much easier if I could add 2d fx to 3d layers.

Chad Capeland

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 6:02 pm

Jens Noelte wrote:Mixing 2d and 3d is a real pain. Fusion would be so much easier if I could add 2d fx to 3d layers.

Why can't you?
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Jens Noelte

PostWed Apr 26, 2017 6:18 am

"Why can't you?"

you tell me...

Do I need fusion studio? Plugins? Or how do I add 2d FX like glow or cc to a 3d shape without adding a render first?

Bob Place

PostWed Apr 26, 2017 12:29 pm

Jens Noelte wrote:"Why can't you?"

you tell me...

Do I need fusion studio? Plugins? Or how do I add 2d FX like glow or cc to a 3d shape without adding a render first?

I don't think you do... Glow, cc, etc are 2d effects.
Bob Place

Miltos Pilalitos

PostWed Apr 26, 2017 2:23 pm

Ι am not sure i understand what the problem is. The way you describe the 'issue' sounds like it can be solved in 5'' without any effort.

Maybe you have built the comp in a strange way but usually by adding a 3D transform after your 3D merge will take everything to your new coordinates or even feed it into another 3D merge with other elements.
Windows 10 x64 • Threadripper 1950x • 64GB RAM • RTX 4090 24GB • Latest Nvidia drivers
Fusioneer since Fu4.0 • Resolver since v9

michael vorberg

PostWed Apr 26, 2017 8:37 pm

the problem here is that the scene is split up to different "sub scenes" which go into different render3d nodes for passes/layer/etc
so many transform3d nodes are needed and to be put in the right places

Jens Noelte

PostThu Apr 27, 2017 6:22 pm

Yes Michael, that's exactly what it looks like...

I think the trick to doing this is to get a full night's sleep and then to add the transform nodes. When I asked my question I was totally overworked, tired and redeyed. And after seeing a screen full of nodes and pipes, which need to be relocated in 3d space, I freaked.

Return to Fusion