Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion development Roadmap

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Jonathan Josenhans

Fusion development Roadmap

PostWed Jun 14, 2017 5:10 am

Hi there,

i loved Fusion in University, but have been using Nuke for a long time now. But now with the Foundry being sold again and again, being under new leadership and seeming to be less and less stable and reliable, I am looking at Fusion as a backup again should the need arise.

I was really thrilled when BM picked Fusion up and see that Linux port as very promising for a planned professional studio-viability approach. But even though I read around in the forums and cg news sites, was not able to find a release schedule for 9, a road map or any indication where the development might be going towards.

Have I simply not looked properly? Can you guys point me to where I can get an idea where and when Fusion is headed?

Thanks a lot,
Jonathan

Chad Capeland

Re: Fusion development Roadmap

PostWed Jun 14, 2017 4:15 pm

Not gonna happen. There's a variety of reasons, but the main one being that this is a public forum and without an NDA you won't get that information.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Alaz Soytemiz

PostWed Jun 14, 2017 7:22 pm

I've expected some information at NAB but experienced ppl in this forum pointed IBC to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K
Ram: 128GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti
Disks: Samsung SSD 980 PRO

Jonathan Josenhans

PostMon Jun 19, 2017 4:04 am

Hi Guys,

I was not expecting secret internal documents to be posted here :)

I just, since I have been away from Fusion for so long, have no idea how BMs information policy is. Some companies dont give any roadmap/dates, others give very generic ideas 'We are relasing early next year and the focus will be on exr workflow and performance' and other again, like the Corona devs (search "corona trello" on google - apparently I am not allowed to post links... :roll: ) even make the individual tasks they are working on public.

So I was wondering, since I have not found anything official, if there was something in the rumor mill - a dev posting a screenshot, a teaser somewhere, a forum remark by someone etc. - or if there really is no indication when/what Fusion 9 will bring.

Thanks a lot and all the best,
Jonathan

Chad Capeland

PostMon Jun 19, 2017 7:15 pm

Blackmagic doesn't share much other than soft launches. Like a product will get announced with a feature list that isn't in the shipping product, so you assume that's the roadmap. Doesn't always work though.

There are sources for leaked information, but they aren't here, as this is Blackmagic's own forum and anything that violated an NDA would be removed and people would get banned or worse.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Jonathan Josenhans

PostTue Jun 20, 2017 12:31 am

Thanks a lot Chad. Appreciate your feedback.

Didnt realize that BM is so tight lipped about this - so I guess Fusion 9 is like christmas - big suprise when it comes :D .

Cheers,
Jonathan

Return to Fusion