Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Choppy play back after rendering a clip in Fusion?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Connor Robertson

Choppy play back after rendering a clip in Fusion?

PostFri Jul 14, 2017 4:54 am

So, I am fairly new to this program and I just edited in some 3D text in a 6 second clip in Fusion. I created the shot from Davinci Resolve, opened it and made some 3D text. I watched a tutorial.

The video is recent, as it is from last year. I made sure to follow everything correctly. I refreshed the Fusion clip in Resolve, didn't work. I messed around with the render presets in fusion. I changed the frame rate in the preferences because my clip is 1080p 60FPS. I tried setting the resolution in the render screen to 1080p, still didn't work. Messed with the frame rate and few other things, but it was still lagging. I tried the different render ques, but no matter what, the play back for that clip is laggy. I don't know if I am stupid, (probably am) but is there a fix to this? I watched the tutorial and had everything the same, but it still wouldn't work! If I can, I'll try again tomorrow and possibly make a short video showing my issue and a little more in depth on what's going on.

Connor Robertson

Re: Choppy play back after rendering a clip in Fusion?

PostSat Jul 15, 2017 7:27 pm

Someone reply please

Adelson Munhoz

PostMon Jul 17, 2017 7:15 pm

Fusion Connect clips are usually DPX sequences which sometimes does not play well in certain systems due to bandwidth or processing power issues.

My sugestion is, in Davinci, to use "DNxHD SQ" as cache render format (in Preferences) and activate "Render Cache Clip Output" in the clip.

Additionally you must activate Playback > Render Cache > User in te Edit Page.

You will see a red bar over the clip that will turn blue when the cache is rendered.

If you are using Windows or Mac you can, alternatively, select Quicktime as a export format of the Fusion Connect clip, which probably will play smooth without cache rendering.

Connor Robertson

PostTue Jul 18, 2017 10:40 pm

Adelson Munhoz wrote:Fusion Connect clips are usually DPX sequences which sometimes does not play well in certain systems due to bandwidth or processing power issues.

My sugestion is, in Davinci, to use "DNxHD SQ" as cache render format (in Preferences) and activate "Render Cache Clip Output" in the clip.

Additionally you must activate Playback > Render Cache > User in te Edit Page.

You will see a red bar over the clip that will turn blue when the cache is rendered.

If you are using Windows or Mac you can, alternatively, select Quicktime as a export format of the Fusion Connect clip, which probably will play smooth without cache rendering.

I tried installing Quick Time on my Windows Ten PC, but it didn't even import the clip in Fusion properly. It just threw me an error. However, I will try your method. Thanks!

Return to Fusion