Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Confused on how to import a full scene

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Tyler Wilson

Confused on how to import a full scene

PostFri Jul 14, 2017 8:47 am

I have been working in Toon Boom Harmony for the past year, and have come to the point where I absolutely need a compositor. I have gotten started with Fusion, and am currently attempting to re-adjust my workflow to include Fusion. I have watched videos on importing and compositing with Fusion, but I still have one very important unanswered question..

Is it possible at all to somehow export an image sequence from Toon Boom that exports all images outside of the camera view? I don't see how I'm supposed to export my entire scene into Fusion if that's not possible, because if all exports/imports are based only on what's in the camera view, how would I export really large buildings, or the ground and the roads and sidewalks?

I didn't know whether to ask this in the Toon Boom or Fusion forum, so I've asked this on both forums.
Last edited by Tyler Wilson on Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chad Capeland

Re: Confused on how to import a full scene

PostFri Jul 14, 2017 5:18 pm

Meshes, animations, and textures are easy to export/import. Materials will be a bit harder. How important is that?

For the meshes and animation, try exporting Alembic, and see if that "just works".
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Andrew Hazelden

Re: Confused on how to import a full scene

PostFri Jul 14, 2017 6:12 pm

Tyler Wilson wrote:Is it possible at all to somehow export an image sequence from Toon Boom that exports all images outside of the camera view? I don't see how I'm supposed to export my entire scene into Fusion if that's not possible, because if all exports/imports are based only on what's in the camera view, how would I export really large buildings, or the ground and the roads and sidewalks?

You might check out this section of Toon Boon's documentation to see if the "Raw Game Data Export" module would give you access to the content you need without being clipped to the camera view:

https://docs.toonboom.com/help/harmony-14/essentials/gaming/about-gaming.html

Also if you look at the Exporting Sprite Sheets > How to export sprite sheets section of Toon Boom's docs that could help you:

https://docs.toonboom.com/help/harmony-14/essentials/gaming/export-sprite-sheet.html

Exporting Sprite Sheets.png
Exporting Sprite Sheets.png (272.38 KiB) Viewed 925 times
Mac Studio M2 Ultra / Threadripper 3990X | Fusion Studio 18.6.4 | Kartaverse 6

Return to Fusion