Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion Quicktime File Exports

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Robin Doelly

Fusion Quicktime File Exports

PostTue Jul 18, 2017 2:56 am

So I have some strange issues I can't resolve nicely.

I have worked lots of time with Avid and Fusion and it round trips nicely ... recently working with Adobe Premiere and Fusion ... and it doesn't round trip quite how I would like..

Premiere exports into Fusion .. works perfectly .. a nice seamless match.. but the Fusion Export when using quicktime doesn't :!: Any thoughts ?

I can get a perfect round trip exporting a file sequence from Fusion ... but I want to be a bit quicker on these shots and I would like to have just a .mov for each shot. The colourspace and levels match but the Fusion file has slight cross colour issues, chops off the sub blacks and super whites and you can see a nasty but subtle degradation of the signal ... this is on every form of QT export even uncompressed ...

Anyone else found a neat solution? or fill me in on what I'm missing?

Adelson Munhoz

Re: Fusion Quicktime File Exports

PostTue Jul 18, 2017 3:43 am

Maybe Premiere is intepreting Fusion's Quicktime data levels as "Video" instead of " Full Range".

If so, this could be the explanation why you are loosing the sub blacks and super whites.

I am not a "Premiere guy" but there must be some adjustment in the "interpret footage" section.

Return to Fusion